Solidaridad is a global civil society organization that provides solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains, with a focus on putting farmers and workers first. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes benefit for all. Solidaridad consists of eight regional expertise centres, located around the world (Asia, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, South America, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and priorities. In Solidaridad Europe, we are focused on corporate engagement, policy influencing, and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable, economic development.
For more information, please refer to www.solidaridad.nl
The internship is based on a mutually agreed learning or research plan, developed together with the intern, and in close cooperation with the University, which delivers on both his/her learning, or research objectives, and the priorities of the CEP team.
The Intern will work in close collaboration with CEP team members and, as required, with colleagues of other teams in Solidaridad Europe and program staff in other regional expertise centres in the Solidaridad Network.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Reporting to a member of the CEP team, we are looking for an intern to support our day to day work, in particular, performing the following tasks:
- Provide support to CEP team members on funding proposals and ongoing project management
- Assistance, as required, in organising external meetings and workshops
- Maintaining our information and customer relationship management systems;
- Developing external communications materials (e.g. powerpoint presentations);
- Undertaking desk-based research, intelligence papers, fact sheets and briefings, at the request of, and with the guidance from a team member as the need may arise;
You are inspired by the job and responsibilities as described above, and you recognize yourself in the following:
- Following a Bachelors, or Masters degree in agronomy, business, economics, earth sciences or other relevant education.
- Commitment to sustainability with an interest in learning about corporate social responsibility;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Service-oriented, proactive and team player
- Pragmatic, flexible and autonomous
- Ability to connect and work with people from all backgrounds and cultures
- Professional fluency in English; knowledge of another European language is an asset
- Willingness to learn “on the job” in a supporting role;
- Full IT proficiency (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google, experience with Salesforce or another CRM system).
- A unique and challenging internship within an inspiring and international setting;
- Support in development of your learning or research plan;
- Onboarding, support and coaching to enable you to learn;
- The opportunity to work with, and learn from, a dedicated network of professionals;
- Flexibility in combining the internship with study requirements;
- The chance to contribute to a more sustainable world;
- An internship compensation, reasonable travel costs reimbursed;
- A working space in our inspiring office in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- 3 to 6 months internship with a flexible starting date.
Do you recognize yourself in the candidate profile? Then please send your one-page motivation letter and two-page CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, before 1 June, and state “Application: CEP Internship – your name” in the subject header. If you already have ideas about what you would like to learn or research during your internship at Solidaridad Europe, please indicate this in your motivation letter. Also indicate clearly in which period you would like to do the internship.
A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions will apply. Questions can be addressed to email@example.com. No agencies please.