ICCO Cooperation is an enterprising global development organization, that seeks a motivated student to support our mission. Are you committed to create a world where people can live in dignity and secure their livelihoods? Then we would like to meet you.
ICCO Cooperation designs, manages and implements programs with a focus on economic empowerment, food and nutrition security and emergency response. Responsible business and inclusiveness are cross-cutting issues. Besides implementing programs, we are specialised in creating public-private partnerships that help farmers and small agribusinesses grow. ICCO Cooperation is experienced in working with a wide range of financial tools.
Our organization consists of a global office in the Netherlands (Utrecht) and five regional offices in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are also active in a variety of countries through our country representatives. ICCO Cooperation has approximately 380 employees worldwide and had a turnover of ca. €40 million in 2018.
For the the ICCO Academy we are looking for an
(ca. 32-36 hours a week)
for the duration of 3-4 months
The ICCO Academy is an initiative that is currently being set-up to strengthen capacity and connections among ICCO colleagues globally. It functions as an umbrella for all kind of existing learning and connection initiatives and stimulates scaling up best practices in the field of knowledge management, sharing and learning. Currently the first pilots of this academy are being implemented.
About the position
- You are responsible for preparing, conducting and presenting a social network analysis of ICCO cooperation globally. Who is in contact with whom? And who shares knowledge with whom? This ‘photo’ of the organization will provide the ICCO Academy baseline information about the current level of connectedness and knowledge sharing in the organization
- You will identify what software can be used to conduct the analysis and visualize the results.
- You will be in contact with ICCO colleagues from all over the world to gather the information needed
- You will help ICCO to identify weakly connected parts in the organization as well as the broker positions in the organization. This will help the ICCO Academy to tailor interventions and communication better in the future.
You will be posted at Global Office in Utrecht and report to and the coordinator of the ICCO academy and the head of the Corporate Strategy and External Relations department. The internship position starts preferably in October 2019, but this can be discussed. There is a modest internship allowance available for the position.
Knowledge and expertise
- At least in the 3rd or 4th year of your Bachelor or Master studies in e.g. Organization sciences, Business, Sociology or Psychology.
- Some basic knowledge about social network theory and be able to quickly learn how to do a social network analysis yourself.
- Able to identify the right software and work with it.
- Able to communicate in English with colleagues from all over the world (any knowledge of Dutch, French or Spanish is an asset, but not required).
- You should be decisive, persistent and a good communicator.
How to apply
If you have questions about the position, you can contact Karin Slobbe-Visser (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Daan Mulder (email@example.com). If you want to apply, you can submit a written application and CV in English (in one PDF-file if possible) before September 30 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the job title and vacancy number 2019-005 in the email title.