Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can defeat poverty or any type of inequality or discrimination.
We are an international confederation of 20 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here.
Oxfam Novib is looking for a
Impact SME investment and development expert
Location: The Hague
Hours per week: 36
The Role [Job purpose]
Oxfam Novib is looking for an expert in the field of impact SME (or commercial social enterprises) in developing countries. The role of the expert is to lead on developing a strategy to start an investment fund for this purpose, and handle the process of finding an investment partner to do the investments. This will be done together with the current team of micro finance and impact SME development experts.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Lead Oxfam Novib’s impact investment strategy and activities
• Develop and manage partnerships with external parties
• Work together with partners to translate the impact investment strategy into detailed mandates, planning, and compelling narrative
• Set-up the appropriate governance to guard the mandates, policies, impact and financial results
• Seek synergies and coordinate with other Oxfam programs
• Align with senior internal and external stakeholders, and report on created impact and financial results
• Develop a team of multiple co-workers, and oversee their business development, SME investment, and Microfinance activities
Requirements for the job [Skills, Experience & Knowledge]
• Have a Master Degree
• Have at least 12 years’ experience in this expertise
• Have work experience in emerging markets / developing countries
• Be fluent in English and preferably in Dutch and French
• Have experience in managing an investment mandate and respective partners
• Have a proven track record in Impact SME development, microfinance and/or investment/fund management
• Have experience working in a complex networked international setting
• Visible passion and experience with Impact investment and/or NGO sector
• Have experience with aligning internal and external stakeholders
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The position will be based in The Hague, The Netherlands. Frequent travel is a possible necessity.
More information and application procedure
If you are interested, please upload your application letter and resumé/cv in English by using the “apply” button / following this link, no later than 20 January 2020. For more information about the position, you can contact Marc de Klerk, Project Lead (Marc.firstname.lastname@example.org). Response from the email will not bee taking in the process.
Please note that only applications received via the Oxfam website can be taken into consideration.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colours, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.