|Head of Humanitarian Response
|Location: Cox’s Bazar
||Reports to: Country Representative
|Nature of Job: Full time (Unaccompanied)
||Level: Senior-level position
|I. Job Context:
ICCO Cooperation is a leading INGO working for empowering people that will build sustainable livelihoods within a society that will uphold their rights for all in Bangladesh since 1972 and also has innovative interventions in more than 42 countries since 1965.
ICCO is focusing on four priority topics, which combine our thematic knowledge with the markets we work in: Blending, Climate Resilient Agri Food Systems, New Technologies and Youth Entrepreneurship. Since August 2017, ICCO Cooperation has been in the field providing emergency and livelihood support to both the host and the Rohingya communities. Our early attempt to provide essential services to the incoming Rohingyas included food package and wash kit distribution. We continued providing fresh food-vouchers in camp 14, 15 and 16 in Ukhiya. From 2018, we have been implementing IOM supported economic empowerment project called ‘Women’s Income Generation Support (WINGS)’, where both Rohingya and host community women received livelihood support package along with skill development training. We are also directly implementing ‘Resilient Ecosystem and Alternative Livelihoods (REAL)’ for households in the host community, providing alternative income generation for the ultra poor in the host community.
We are now looking for a young energetic person to head our Rohingya Response Program who is responsible to provide strategic guidance to implement projects, staff management and will contribute to the fundraising for Cox’s Bazar projects.
|II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
|Responsibility # 1: Planning, Implementing, Monitoring and Reporting of the Projects/Program:
- Lead to prepare specific need based short or long term intervention plan for emergency response programs.
- Ensure budget management for effective execution of the projects as stipulated in the project documents.
- Provide technical support to the team in implementation.
- Effectively management of partners.
- Prepare monitoring plans and regularly monitor and review the field operations to ensure the activities result into expected outputs.
- Play a coordinating role with team members to carry out field visits, prepare project review reports, technical progress reports and other periodic reports and submit to Head of Program to fulfil the internal and donor requirements; where necessary, get involved with local and national government line agencies and NGOs with views to sharing the learning of the program.
|Responsibility # 2: Develop the relation with the potential donors and contribute to the development of concepts and proposals for fundraising
- Communicate and coordinate with the potential donors at Cox’s Bazar
- Identify and qualify funding and partnership affiliate opportunities in a systematic manner, regularly monitor opportunities and share with relevant team members.
- Develop highly competitive project and programme proposals, finalize applications to persuasively communicate our vision, strategy, and programs to potential funders; solicit and integrate feedback from program, budget, and fundraising perspectives.
- Coordinate with Fund-Raising team in managing the grant application process and ensuring that grants received are tracked, and reported upon and inline with donors’ expectations.
|Responsibility # 3: Provide Conceptual Clarity for Business Model Development, Agri Value Chain Development and Entrepreneurship Promotion.
- Promote conceptual clarity around Private Sector Engagement, Market Systems, Value Chain and Social Enterprise in collaboration with respective program and fundraising teams.
- Contribute to a better understanding of social entrepreneurship
- Build internal capacity of staff, which will enable them to better understand best applicable approaches PSE.
|Responsibility # 4: Linkage, Networking, Coordination:
- Participate in related forum and coordination meetings and share the experience of the program with the objective to bring positive decision making.
- Consult and coordinate with the team to identify key actors, likeminded consortium/agencies for roll out advocacy and involve in quick decision making in rapid humanitarian response.
|Responsibility # 5 Internal Communication:
- Update Country Representative on regular basis about program and other issues.
- Support to Country Representative through constructive suggestions and consult with other team members for overall development of the program.
- Represent ICCO Cooperation Bangladesh at different levels of meetings, workshops etc.
- When needed, communicate with Consortium/Networks/Alliances as per advice from Senior Regional Communications and Marketing Manager – South and Central Asia.
- Communicate related information regularly with Senior Regional Communications and Marketing Manager – South and Central Asia, and team members.
|III. Working Conditions:
- Working days from Sunday to Thursday 40 hours per week. This position may be required to work some overtime hours.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Yearly renewable contract based on fund availability and performance.
|IV. Key contacts:
- Country Representative, Head of Programs, Manager, Admin and Finance and Communication and Fundraising department of ICCO
|V. Key Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Humanitarian/MBA/ Development Studies/any other relevant subjects.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Project management in Humanitarian Context.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, strong value based commitment to right based approach.
- Strategic thinking, decision making, managing and bringing results to the table
- Conceptualizing and co-creating new business development and investment opportunities
- Good computer skills in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good leadership ability to lead & motivate the subordinates
- Good business sense and professional & progressive attitude.
Salary & Benefits: Euro 4,000 to 5,000 including all benefits.
Please submit your application details three pages CV and cover letter with mentioning current and expected salary to email@example.com. The subject line should be ” Head of Humanitarian Response”’. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview.
Tentative date of interview: Week starting the 24th of November 2019
Proposed date of joining: 15th December 2019
Duration of contract Initially One year with a possibility of extension
Women are encouraged to apply
Application Deadline: 15th November, 2019