At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Marketing Manager leads the global Marketing practice focused on customer retention from strategy to implementation, including overseeing the regional Marketing team. Key objective is optimum retention of existing Rainforest Alliance partner companies, including some of the world’s leading global brands, to drive increased engagement and expansion for certification and other Rainforest Alliance services that drive our mission and bring value to the companies. The Manager develops and implements best practice customer retention and Go to Market (GTM) plans to ensure optimized customer relationships and journeys across the retention lifecycle stage. He/she contributes from planning to implementation of the Rainforest Alliance organizational Marketing strategy and related programs that strengthen the Rainforest Alliance brand and impact, driving success through a combination of relationships and use of insights and analysis.
- Manage regional Marketing team, including goal setting, monitoring, supporting and coaching, to ensure organization and delivery of all customer retention work;
- Develop and implement best practice customer retention strategic plans to achieve target KPIs and deliver optimized customer journeys across the retention lifecycle stage;
- Utilize data driven market research, competitor and market insights, digital, technology and user experience alongside customer centricity principles;
- Facilitate and ensure alignment of customer retention Marketing plans with overall Marketing function and cross-divisionally with related teams such as Markets, Revenue, Development, Communications and Consumer Engagement;
- Manage internal and external demand requests for retention Marketing activity and determines fit with plans, priorities and resources as well as organizational strategy;
- Liaise directly with key partner companies or other stakeholders as needed, especially in Europe;
- Manage and disseminate customer retention and Marketing reports;
- Track and monitor global company, sustainability and consumer trends relevant to the Rainforest Alliance;
- Contribute to the development and execution of organizational programs that drive Rainforest Alliance brand value, consumer awareness and impact.
- BA Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience; demonstrating independent decision-making and responsibility in international business development, marketing, creative initiatives, partner co-creation and customer retention
- Staff management experience; remote management skills are a plus
- Experience in data driven Marketing, insights and market research, digital, technology and user experience alongside customer centricity principles- including customer journey and touchpoint mapping and analyses-
- Excellent interpersonal skills working professionally with individuals at executive and management levels
- Experience working in global, cross functional and matrix organizations
- Demonstrable experience of agency, 3rd party and budget management
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Written and verbal proficiency in multiple languages preferred;
- Knowledge of and commitment to sustainability practices and environmental and social issues
- Working knowledge of international commodity supply chains, such as tea, coffee, cocoa, palm oil, fruits and forest products is a plus
- Ability to travel 30% per year, including internationally
Commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
NL – Please send your application (max. 1 page motivation, max 2 page resume) no later than August 31st 2019 to email@example.com mentioning Global Marketing Manager in the subject line. For questions about this position, please contact Susan Heaney via +31 20 5308000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates authorized to work in the UK and Netherlands will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.