Vacancy Financial Programme Officer
The Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy (NIMD) works to promote peaceful, just and inclusive politics worldwide. To that end, we work with the entire political sector in a country, from aspiring politicians to political leaders, and from national to local level. Currently, we run programmes in more than 20 countries in Africa, Latin America, Southeast Asia, the MENA region and the Eastern European Neighbourhood. Our approach across all these programmes is unique and characterized by dialogue: we bring actors from across the political spectrum together. We work on their knowledge and competences, and empower them to cooperate in a constructive manner on issues that affect them, their country and the broader region.
The head office of NIMD is located in the political heart of the Netherlands in The Hague. Here we have a strong and committed international staff of around 30 people who support our global programming. Our culture is informal and open, and encourages initiative, professionalism and interaction. We strive to be the leading centre for political practitioners on inclusive and accountable politics.
Financial Programme Officer
32- 38 hours/week
The Financial Programme Officer is responsible for the financial accountability of NIMD towards donors as well as the correct spending of these funds by the local implementing partners. The Financial Programme Officer is part of the Finance & Support Team and will work closely together with NIMD’s (Sr) Programme Managers.
The Financial Programme Officer is responsible for:
• Preparing fundraising budgets and finance proposals in collaboration with the (Sr) Programme Managers, partner organizations, country offices, co-applicants and the Fundraiser.
• Translating donor requirements towards other parties and ensuring financial reporting towards donors.
• The finance and control cycle of the country programmes in a specific region.
• Preparing and controlling the budgets, financial reports and audits for the country programmes in a specific region.
• Delivering financial contract agreements and financial information to the (Sr) Programme Manager.
• Contributing to the internal financial policies of the NIMD country offices and the implementation of these policies, instruments, procedures and processes.
• Ensuring that the financial administration of the country offices complies with the internal financial policies of NIMD.
• Integrating the latest information, rules and demands of donors in the budgets.
You are a dynamic and experienced financial professional with an understanding of development issues and the financial needs of key stakeholders, such as bilateral and multilateral donors, political party assistance organizations and NGO’s. You feel comfortable working with people from different cultures and have concrete experience with project management and financial administration in an international context.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
• A minimum of five years of experience with financial administration and financial project management in an international context.
• Experience with setting up financial administrations and financial reporting to donors.
• Experience with EU funded projects.
• Experience in the field of financial controlling.
• Experience in the field of fundraising and managing donor funds.
• Experience in the development and implementation of financial policies.
• Fluent in English and preferably Spanish or Arabic.
• Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, intercultural communication and teamwork skills.
• Affinity with politics and political parties.
• Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and capable to handle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
• Completed Bachelor’s degree in the field of financial management, business administration, or accounting.
• Willing to travel to different countries.
Applicants must be Dutch nationals, residents of a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
We offer a position for 32- 38 hours at our office in The Hague for at least one year. You will work under the guidance of the Head of Finance & Support and in close collaboration with the colleagues from the Programme and Projects and Knowledge & Strategic Relations team
NIMD offers a competitive remuneration package and benefits including a laptop and mobile phone. The annual salary, based on full-time employment of 38 hours, links to the Dutch Government BBRA for Scale 10 (€ 35.479,- and € 57.026,- gross) depending on experience.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications and a resume in English to email@example.com before 31 January 2020. Interviews will be held in the first week of February 2020.
Additional information can be obtained by contacting Mr. Harrie Dijkstra, Head of Finance & Support, via firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Marjolein Baljon, HR Advisor, via email@example.com or 070-3115464
Acquisition related to this vacancy is not appreciated.