The financial administrator will be part of a dynamic international organization, founded in 2013, with a small (13 FTE) but growing team based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. The financial administrator will work with and report directly to the Executive Director (ED) and will have a close working relationship with the Senior Program Manager and Donor Manager. The financial administrator is the main contact person for the external bookkeeper, bank, tax authority, auditor and salary provider.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Budget and Grants Management
• Develops annual budgets, forecasts; keeps Executive Director and management team aware of potential problem areas or opportunities; monitors and oversees project charges and expenditures on a monthly basis; oversees correction of inaccuracies.
• Prepares reports and analyses operating expenses against budgets, including variance analysis for meetings with funders.
• Reports in International Aid Transparency (IATI), an online system used by selected funders.
• Reviews, monitors and reports expenditures and revenues on a monthly basis.
• Participates in regular meetings with selected funders
Expense & Contract Management
• Prepares for approval by the Executive Director expenditure documentation, purchase tenders/orders, contract payments, and reimbursement of invoices.
• Checks and approves travel expense reports for employees and contractors. Ensures that paperwork complies with ATNI policies.
• Works to problem-solve expense issues that arise; initiates correction of expenditures to ensure that they are recorded correctly.
• Tracks contract payment terms and licenses.
• Assists with writing, reviewing and managing contracts.
Administrative Support Team & Board
• Reviews and approves employee timesheets and makes corrections as necessary.
• Plans quarterly meetings for the ATNF Board Chairman to approve the expenses of the Executive Director.
• Salary administration: provides monthly computations to the salary provider and ensures timely salary payments to staff.
• Prepares files for regular audits
• Prepares Annual Accounts
• Planning, attending the internal Audit & Risk Committee meetings and responsible of note taking
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
Ready to make an impact? In this role, you will support ATNI to drive positive change towards better nutrition for all.
Higher vocational education (HBO) work and thinking level in accounting, finance, or related field. Minimum four years of relevant work experience, two of which are in developing and successfully managing a budget of a similar size. Must be authorized to work for any employer in the Netherlands. Experience with financial management of not-for-profit organisations with public and institutional donors a plus.
High level of attention to detail; strong administrative and organizational skills; excellent communication skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel skills; Knowledge of Exact online. Budget experience and/or familiarity with budgeting or accounting software required. Solid knowledge of budgets and accounting principles. Ability to organize, analyze, present and communicate financial data. Must be a mature, self-motivated, team player who gets along well with a variety of personality types and who can work independently. Must be flexible and capable of working in a fast-paced environment with shifting and competing priorities. Must be able to quickly and successfully learn new skills, workflows, and portfolios as needed. Extreme honesty and discretion are required, with the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
• Perfect command of written and spoken English
• Dutch (preference)
Closing date for applications: Please submit your application as soon as possible (before December 31st).
• How to apply: Send a cover letter and a max. 2-page CV to Sofie van den Berg, email@example.com.
• First interviews will be conducted over Skype. Second interviews for shortlisted candidates will be conducted in person.