Justdiggit is an international NGO, headquartered in Amsterdam, aiming to make dry land green again by inspiring and activating farmers in Africa, positively impacting people, nature and ultimately climate change. Degraded landscapes are restored by combining traditional techniques with new technology and a strong communication approach. Together with our partners, we create the Regreen Revolution, a grassroots movement, based on our learnings and best practices, powered by our network.
As Finance manager in a dynamic and growing organization, your role is dynamic as well and will develop along the growth of the organization. You are responsible for the design, execution and monitoring of the Planning- and Control Cycle, the system of accounting & internal control (AO/IC) across the entire organization, timely and accurate budgeting for and reporting on the financial performance as well as the processing and recording of financial transactions (administration and bookkeeping).
Furthermore, as Finance manager you present financial management information timely and correctly to facilitate sound decisions by the Management Team.
You are the key accountable and contact person in the field of internal and external (financial) reporting. Advising and supporting the management concerning financial control, financial management and risk management is also part of the role.
You report to the Managing Director and work closely together with the MD and the Director Programs. You also have direct contact with the Finance managers of our implementing partners in the project countries in Africa ensuring that all financial reporting complies with the Justdiggit financial standards, processes and procedures.
The position of Finance manager is a new position in the organization. We are looking for someone who likes to take up the challenge to build a sound financial unit within Justdiggit and is committed to invest at least 2-3 years in this position, with the possibility of growing into the role of CFO. We will be offering a 1-year contract with the intention to prolong.
Support and facilitate the scaling-up of Justdiggit by further professionalizing the financial & accounting structures, administration and processes;
- Responsible for the day-to-day financial administration
- Carries responsibility for payments, and the monthly checking of the payroll and establish and maintain contacts with banks and auditors
- Analyze developments, conduct research and advise on the consistency and effectiveness of the administrative organization, P&C cycle and internal control systems and audits
- Advise the management and other stakeholders, solicited and unsolicited, on financial issues
- Lead the preparation of the Annual Budget and Annual Financial Report
- Prepare for annual audits as well as major donor audits
- Collect financial data for the composition of different budgets, reports and plans and compose financial analyses and reports
- Provide the explanations, rationales, analyses and clarifications once plans and reports are composed
- Monitor and keep track of long-term funds and funds that are used in programs in several countries
- Ensure and monitor compliance with requirements of (institutional) donors
- Compose, for the benefit of institutional funds and donors, overviews of figures regarding to be entered and entered obligations and the progress of expenses and revenues
- Ensure proper preparation and execution of various external audits
- Affinity with Justdiggit’s regreening mission!
- Team player, with a flexible, innovative, exploring, hands-on and positive mindset
- University degree in a relevant field (MBA or MSc in Finance, Controlling or Economics)
- 6 years of experience in a similar position
- Willing to take up the challenge to work in a scale-up with a hands-on mentality and be able and prepared to combine practical day-to-day administration work with strategic analysis and development
- Solid practical knowledge of finance, planning and control
- Preferably knowledge of Exact Online or a similar accounting system
- Good understanding of the financial administrative structure of international NGO’s
- Proficiency in the composition of (financial) reports and analyses, including ‘fluently literate in Excel’
- Understanding of legal risks, mitigating actions and implications of financial standards and processes in an international NGO context
- Willing to travel a few times per year to our program countries if required
- Excellent personal and written communication skills
- Dutch native speaker with full proficiency in English
- Available for 32-36 hours per week
- Be part of a great mission; cooling down the planet!
- The position has a competitive compensation aligned with the sector
- Monthly mobile phone contribution and full reimbursement of NS costs for work commute
- Great colleagues, a good atmosphere, working in an international ambiance from the city center of Amsterdam
We invite you to apply as soon as possible. Applications are considered on a rolling basis and we will start to interview once suitable candidate(s) apply. Please send your English CV (maximum of two pages) and cover letter to Marjolein Albers; email@example.com.