|Job type||Full time/Part Time|
|Salary||indicative gross salary between € 2.572 and € 3.150 per month based on 40 Hrs. per week- Position is offered at 24Hrs – 32Hrs per week|
|Comment||Inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance and national insurance contributions|
|Deadline||05-04-2019 – Candidates are urged to apply as soon as possible, as the position will be filled as soon as a candidate is found.|
Aflatoun International is a non-governmental organization focusing on educating children about their rights and responsibilities and managing natural and financial resources through social and financial education. Children are empowered to make a positive change in their lives and in their communities, with the aim of ultimately leading them to breaking the cycle of poverty in which many find themselves. Headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherlands, The Aflatoun programme is currently implemented in 109 countries and reaches 5 million children. A large number of these young people are now saving or have started an enterprise.
Through Aflatoun programmes children are inspired to discover their talents and put them to use, to stand up for their rights and those of their communities, to play games and to solve problems. They learn how to save, how to budget and how to set up social and financial enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their neighborhoods. Aflatoun employs the social franchise model whereby partners have ownership of the programme. The secretariat develops curricula in collaboration with its partners and provides them with technical assistance, network support, advocacy and training materials to implement the Aflatoun methodology. Aflatoun has been ranked at the 26th place in the NGO world TOP500 by Global Geneva, a non-profit platform. Aflatoun has a multidisciplinary team of professionals. To sustain our business model, we are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Finance Administrator.
The Finance administrator will keep track of funds coming in and going out. You will be responsible for maintaining and keeping Aflatoun’s financial administration compliant and up to date, follow up with Programme Managers to ensure payment of partnership fees and other fees, process invoices, prepare payments, and answer questions from suppliers and client, partners and colleagues. You’ll report directly to the Director of Finance and Operations and work with the Project Coordinator to ensure the accounts and projects account are maintained complaint with the reporting requirements relating to Aflatoun’s KPI’s.
- Responsible to be the first line of the month end closing of financial accounts and preparation of financial statements
- Salary/Payroll Administration (Dutch regulations) for 25-35 employees
- Maintain and build upon the present accounting structure to ensure adequate reporting of Aflatoun’s various income stream and expenditures
- Responsible for company’s bookkeeping, bank reconciliation process, and matching incoming invoices
- Monitor bank accounts, payments and account receivables
- Control company cash transactions
- Responsible for salary administration
- Input office and department budgets into the financial system, ensuring accurate and timely budget reporting and financial analysis.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A HBO in accounting with 3-5 years’ experience in accounting and administration or an MBO with 10 or more years’ experience
- Strong knowledge of financial statements preparation
- Affinity with numbers.
- Very accurate and precise.
- Ambition to “own” your work and carry the responsibility.
- Familiarity with Dutch accounting principles.
- Good knowledge of Excel sheets and formulas. Working with other business reporting software such as Power BI would be considered an asset.
- Fluent in Dutch and English- Knowledge of other languages such as French, Russian, Spanish will be considered an asset
- Experience with Exact Online is a definite plus and working with salary payroll software
Conditions of Employment
The position is for 24-32 hours a week. We are looking for a committed & flexible individual. We offer a dynamic and pleasant multicultural working environment, with an indicative gross monthly salary range of €2.572 and €3.150 (inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance and national insurance contributions) – the salary level awarded will depend on relevant work experience and educational background.
Valid work permit and/or EU passport is required in order to be considered for the position.
Please send your CV and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject: Finance Administrator. Application, no later than 5th April, 2019 – Candidates are urged to apply as soon as possible, as the position will be filled as soon as a candidate is found. If you have any specific questions on the position, please contact the HR Assistant Chitra at firstname.lastname@example.org.