Working for IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative you get things done at scale. For the benefit of people, planet and profit. We help to accelerate and upscale sustainability within mainstream international and regional commodity markets and producer landscapes, aiming at no less than sustainable market transformation. For more information, visit our website: www.idhtrade.org.
To facilitate further growth of IDH we are looking for a:
Farmfit Operations Officer
‘Structured, supportive self-starter with experience in monitoring & evaluation’
In Africa, regional food security for the rapidly growing population crucially depends on the successful integration of smallholder production in regional value chains. This requires companies, civil society and government to innovate together, develop business models and forge new supply chain collaborations. IDH Farmfit supports this transformation by supporting companies and financial institutions to analyze, innovate and scale their smallholder business models (Service Delivery Models, SDMs), and by generating strategic insights into best practices and key success factors in smallholder inclusion. For more information, visit the IDH Farmfit website: IDH Farmfit website.
As Farmfit Operations Officer, you are the operational backbone of Farmfit with a strong focus on monitoring and evaluation. You ensure that Farmfit runs smoothly from an operational perspective. You are based in Utrecht and part of a larger Farmfit team working from Utrecht and Nairobi.
Monitoring & evaluation (M&E) support
- Support the set-up of Farmfit M&E systems and processes, as well as tracking and reporting on progress during implementation;
- Review, process and perform quality control of bi-annual reports from Farmfit implementing partners;
- Support donor reporting processes, including supporting internal reporting processes, providing M&E related input to donor reports, and preparing input for donor meetings.
Workload and pipeline planning
- Lead workload planning in close consultation with SDM managers and analysts;
- Act as linking pin between IDH programs and SDM managers/analysts;
- Prepare decision making on workload and pipeline planning for the Farmfit Management Team;
- Support Farmfit Business Support with coordination and administration of SDM analyses and support the SDM managers with their workload planning.
General operational support
- Provide support to the Director of Operations, Operations Manager and the wider Farmfit team;
- Support the setup of operational processes and systems for the implementation of the Farmfit program;
- Support with contracting, financial administration and process management for SDM analyses and innovation projects.
- Working and thinking at Bachelor level (HBO);
- 3+ years of relevant working experience in an international organization;
- Proven experience with monitoring & evaluation, and managing and analysing data sets;
- Experience with monitoring & evaluation digital applications is highly preferred;
- Experience with pipeline, workload planning or advanced project management (e.g. using Salesforce, Monday.com or other tools) is highly preferred;
- Highly structured, process oriented with an affinity for planning and administration;
- Outstanding ability to work independently and pro-actively;
- Result-oriented, self-starting with excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to cope with and excel in a fast-changing environment and flexible team;
- Excellent command of MS Excel;
- Strong communication skills in English and ability to work in an intercultural environment, Fluency in French is a plus;
- Understanding of smallholder-based agricultural value chains (from a private sector perspective) is a plus.
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. This is a full-time position, initially for one year, with the intention to extend. We offer a gross monthly salary between 2500-2800 euro (based on 40 hours per week) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
For questions about this position, please contact Gerben de Witte, Farmfit Operations Manager at: +31 6 21159731.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply (motivation letter and 2-page resume in English) by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/129742/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 28 April 2019. Candidates are based in the Netherlands or should have permission to work in the Netherlands.
Is this not your dream job? Sharing this vacancy with your network is highly appreciated.
IDH is committed to a diverse workforce that is representative, at all our job levels.