As of February 2020, CHOICE for Youth and Sexuality is looking for an:
Executive Director (40 hours per week)
As Executive Director you are responsible for the daily management of CHOICE, where you will work with 9-10 employees at the CHOICE office. You take care of both policy preparation and policy implementation, as well as strategy development. You also coach and manage the CHOICE team and represent the organization externally. You are the leader and the face of the CHOICE: you take responsibility on all fronts to optimize the day-to-day operations and you are accountable to the Board.
Your responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and coaching the CHOICE team;
- Developing organisational policy and ensuring its successful implementation;
- Handling the budget and execution of the financial policy;
- Managing and monitoring results concerning the Youth Leadership Programme and the International Advocacy Programme;
- Representing CHOICE within the alliances and networks, and at external national and international events, meetings, seminars, etc.;
- Managing grant applications and CHOICE’s organisational strategy (g.: implementing and evaluating CHOICE’s multiannual strategy);
- Collaborating with the Board of CHOICE to upkeep the strategic vision of CHOICE.
Experience and knowledge:
- You have proven and demonstrable experience working with personnel management, budgets, and fundraising;
- You know how to keep people motivated and direct people;
- You possess strong networking skills and have the skills to keep a constant eye out for external opportunities for expansion of the organisation;
- As a person you work well under pressure and can divert stress within a team;
- You have an affinity with SRHR and/or human rights, and you see young people/volunteers as equal partners;
- You have experience with working with (young) people from diverse backgrounds.
- A leader;
- Comfortable in unexpected situations;
- Adept at keeping a helicopter overview;
- A coaching manager;
- A go-getter;
- A strategist;
- Prepared to work outside of regular times;
- Prepared to travel abroad for work;
- A networker.
- You have demonstrable affinity with Human Resources and leadership;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- You have excellent command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
We especially encourage candidates with 2 to 4 years of work experience to apply. Furthermore, we would like to encourage young people below 27 year old to apply.
A one-year contract with a monthly salary between € 3181 and € 3483 gross on the basis of a 40-hour working week, depending on the relevant (professional) work experience and a travel allowance based on train transport (2nd class).
CHOICE offers you the chance to be at the head of an ambitious and successful organization and to work together in a strong and close team. Additionally, we offer a challenging work environment based in the centre of Amsterdam and the opportunity to expand your network largely and gain international work experience, and possibilities and budget for personal growth.
How to apply:
Please send a written application in English with a maximum of 1 A4 with CV and contact details of 2 references before 6 October 2019 by email to email@example.com. The first interviews will take place between 7 and 18 October (week 41/42), after which a second round will follow in the week of 21 October (week 43). Travel costs incurred will not be reimbursed.
For more information, visit the website www.choiceforyouth.org or contact Mayanka Vij by email firstname.lastname@example.org.