About the role
As the Finance & Grants Manager, you will steer all financial and accounting processes within the organisation. In addition to this, you will be managing several finance related projects, together with the Finance team. Your goal will be to identify improvements and to bring uniformity in the finance processes and (software) systems throughout the whole organisation.
You will lead & coach the Finance team and report to the Finance Director.
- Funding Source Management – allocates the funding according to funding contract, budget and in line with accounting rules and regulations, reconciles funding records between the grant management and the accounting systems;
- Monthly meetings with platforms and programmes on financials;
- Responsible for Funder reporting – prepares financial reports to core funders and helps programmes in preparing reports on earmarked funding, creates an overall P&L per funding source on a quarterly basis, uploads Income sheet in Adaptive, including contracts in likely stage for the purpose of managerial forecasting;
- Ensuring the right systems are in place to create consistent and automated reports;
- Manages the docket process in the Finance Team, before and after each Supervisory Board meeting, as well as the delegated authority granting between the Board meetings;
- Responsible for coordination and daily management of the payment process – Invoice Processing (ITA), Credit Card and expense claims processing (SRXP);
- Overall management of ECF’s financial resources linked to grants and consultant contracts- responsible for management of the financial information in Fluxx – grant making software of ECF;
- Support and back up to Finance Director on all finance related issues;
- Regular monthly and ad-hoc financial reporting to Finance Director;
- Daily management of the finance team, except for the accounting and bookkeeping activities;
- Provides suggestions on process improvements and better use of finance systems to the Finance Director and implements these changes in systems, processes and across the team;
- Audit preparation and implementation of audit recommendations linked to grant and finance management;
- Advising and training of staff and grantees on financial grant procedures and financial management.
Experience and competencies
- A strong interest in climate and environment;
- A degree in accounting and finance;
- 6-8 years of experience in a financial role, preferably in an international organisation or a private foundation;
- A deep understanding of finance and accounting principles and practices, as well as process-based management approach;
- Proven experience in implementing financial systems and mapping software and database applications and ability to link them to the organisation’s financial processes;
- Previous experience in managing and guiding teams through change;
- Result-oriented and committed to deliver high quality work;
- Innovative problem-solving skills;
- An analytical person with a critical mindset and attention to detail;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise efficiently;
- An excellent team player;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
- Enjoys working with multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English;
- Previous experience in project management is an asset;
- Working knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
- EU working permit
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A permanent full-time position.
As soon as possible.
How to apply
The recruitment for this vacancy is performed by Charity Works (Netherlands). Interested candidates should send their application documents (resume, motivation letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 9th of September 2019.
If you want to know more about this vacancy you can call Theo Prins at Charity Works +31 20-2 212 712/+31 6 17 000 758.
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was established in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help Europe foster the development of a low-carbon society and play an even stronger international leadership role to mitigate climate change. The foundation works through several sectoral, cross-cutting and regional initiatives, and collaborates with a wide network of partners to advance progress towards this shared goal.
The ECF team is a highly dynamic group of individuals, combining ambition and passion with a rigorous, results-oriented and analytical approach to the work. The ECF’s culture is one of intensity, enthusiasm and mutual support.