We are currently recruiting for the position of
International HR Advisor
The Hague (36 hours)
About the Role
Oxfam Novib aspires to be an organization where employees feel supported and challenged to make the best possible contribution to our mission: a just world without poverty. As International HR Advisor (IHRA) you will be the main interface between country offices and the specialist HR services Oxfam Novib is expected to deliver to country offices where Oxfam Novib is EA. Guided by the EA Service Level Agreement between Oxfam International and Oxfam Novib, you will ensure that Oxfam Novib fulfills and exceeds all its EA duties. You will support senior management in country offices to manage complex staffing matters and take the overall responsibility of HR matters pertaining to international staff and CDs. In close collaboration with the Regional Platforms strengthen the capacity of country offices HR team to increase the quality of their HR services and their self-sufficiency. During humanitarian responses you will provide focused support to ensure HR systems and processes are in place and coordinate the HR support to country offices.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide support to country offices with respect to Reward, L&OD, Talent and Resourcing and employee relations in close collaboration with the HR Specialists.
- The Advisor will advise on the full range of HR services covering the life cycle of employees (attraction/ recruitment/ on boarding/ performance management/personal development/ exit process) delegating tasks as appropriate to the HRO.
- Lead in the process of recruitment of international staff.
- Provide support and advice to International staff employed in countries where Oxfam Novib is EA.
- As required, provide sound and effective advice on critical and complex HR issues.
- Maintain and continue to evolve HR ways of working and hosting process with country offices, regional platforms and other affiliates.
- Review and sign-off on all international employment contracts and management of monthly reports on number of international employment contracts.
- Provide gap filling support to EA country offices (i.e. covering a HR Manager role in country).
- To have a strategic understanding and overview of Global Humanitarian Team (GHT) and humanitarian capacity in country as needed.
- To backup and support EA country offices when there are emergencies in the country and work with the GHT on any emergencies as needed.
- Regularly contribute to the review, improvement and application of HR policies and business processes, both in the country and regions.
- To hold an understanding and provide advice on of strategic workforce planning in countries.
- Advise and provide training on Oxfam Novib HR processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with Regional HRBPs on joint tasks when required.
- Induction and onboarding of new HR staff in Oxfam Novib EA countries.
- Line manage the International HR Officer.
- Line management of Roving HR Advisors (when required).
- Develop and manage international HR team budget.
Requirements for the job
- have obtained a recognised and accredited HR qualification (minimum HBO qualification).
- have knowledge and understanding of working in HR in an international networked organisation, providing advice and support across remote teams and at various levels of seniority.
- have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role or context.
- have some knowledge of labour law in countries where Oxfam Novib is EA
- have proven Influencing, communication and networking abilities.
- are willing and able to travel and work outside the Netherlands.
- demonstrate strong business acumen ensuring that HR Policy or development activity addresses the business needs, providing consistent, business relevant advice to senior line managers and other HR staff.
- have good organisational planning skills and proven ability to work with a large degree of independence, managing own workload and priorities and identifying opportunities to add value to the system.
- are able to adapt priorities to rapidly changing demands whilst ensuring ongoing project work is completed successfully and able to work under pressure.
- have demonstrable knowledge of and experience with HR related work in situations of humanitarian crises.
- are up to date with recent developments in HR and in particular in the international context
- are proactive with plenty of initiative.
- have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and an excellent communicator.
- are client focussed.
- are able to work independently (minimal supervision) but also as part of a team.
- have line management experience.
- are able to manage conflict.
- have above average problem-solving ability.
- are a strategic thinker.
- are next to English fluent in speaking and writing in French or Portuguese.
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. This position is classified in scale 9. The gross salary range is between € 2.782,– to € 4.280,– on the basis of 36 hours per week. The position will be based in The Hague, The Netherlands.
Applicants for this contract must be Dutch nationals or nationals of a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
More information and application procedure
If you are interested, please upload your application letter and CV in English via the ‘apply’ button , no later than 19 August, 2019.
For more information about the position, you can contact Canny Geyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colours, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.
Acquisition on the occasion of this vacancy is not appreciated.