The Donor Manager role is focused on:
• building a pipeline of powerful concept notes and project proposals,
• active scanning of the funding environment, identifying opportunities and developing relationships with potential fundraising prospects
• manage donor accounts and donor reporting processes.
The Access to Nutrition Initiative (ATNI) evaluates the world’s largest food and beverage manufacturers’ policies and performance related to the world’s most pressing nutrition challenges: obesity and undernutrition. Results are published in bi-annual Global and single country Indexes like the India and US Index.
Globally one in three people is either undernourished, overweight or obese. Over the last 35 years, obesity has more than doubled and has now reached epidemic proportions. Over the next 10 years, undernutrition is also set to continue to increase in some countries.
The Indexes are designed and published by the Access to Nutrition Initiative (ATNI), a not-for-profit organization based in The Netherlands. ATNF provides companies with a tool to benchmark performance on nutrition against others in their sector and provides stakeholders with impartial objective, consistent, in-depth information on companies’ contributions to improving nutrition. The aim of ATNI is to encourage companies both to increase the number of healthier products and access to them, and also to responsibly exercise their influence on consumers’ choice and behavior.
The Global Index was launched in 2013, 2016 and 2018. They gained a positive response from stakeholders, including food and beverage manufacturers, NGOs and investors. In addition, ATNF publishes Spotlight Indexes for individual countries that aim to provide a strong evidence base for local dialogue and action. The first India Spotlight Index assessing India’s largest food and beverage manufacturers was published in 2016, and in 2018 ATNI published the first U.S. Index.
ATNI’s Indexes and research is used not only by the rated companies but also by non-profit stakeholders, such as NGOs, policymakers and investors. ATNI works closely with several of these organizations including Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), the Global Nutrition Report, UNICEF, the World Health Organization (WHO) and over 60 global investment companies.
The Access to Nutrition Initiative was established in July 2013. It is governed by an independent international board of directors. The Foundation is currently being funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
For more information on ATNF, please visit our website www.accesstonutrition.org
Scope and Limits of Authority:
• Reporting to the Senior Program Manager & part of program team
• Senior role working closely with the management team and Board
Key activities will be:
• Build on and leading delivery of the strategy for engagement with potential donors
• Build on the relationships already developed, to create and actively cultivate a portfolio of fundraising prospects to deliver income target
• Support the Board and Executive Director in implementing a program of networking and profile raising at key events that could support further fundraising efforts
• Support the Board and management to monitor delivery of income targets
• Develop management tools such as grant trackers and donor pipeline tracker
• Build donor intelligence:
o Researching, identifying, analysing, profiling and monitoring potential new donors globally, specifically foundations and philanthropists with an interest in nutrition
o On-going mapping relationships with current donors and potential donors to prospective activities, so as to identify potential avenues for future funding and partnership working
• Maintain on-schedule reporting process and meet specific donor reporting needs and strengthen reporting processes
• Write, revise, copy edit and format results-based donor reports, ensuring high standard, timely reports for approval and submission to donors, and strengthen the organization’s relationship with donors
• Work with the management team to:
o Develop a pipeline of powerful engagement tools such as concept notes, project summaries and cases for support to be presented to donors, and write funding proposals/ respond to relevant calls for proposals
o Attending relevant conferences and events, making first contact with potential donors and organise follow-up contacts
• Graduate degree level of education or equivalent professional qualification within a relevant discipline (preferably linked to international development and/or corporate social responsibility)
• Proven success as a senior fundraising manager within an executive role, with a thorough and demonstrable knowledge and track record in a range of income sources and fundraising methodologies, including in a global context
• Significant experience in trusts, foundations, institutions in relation to international development
• An understanding of philanthropy in emerging economies
• A programmatic background in food, nutrition, health and corporate sector engagement towards improvement in these areas
• Good knowledge of enhancing external communications
• Proven budget, financial and donor reporting management experience
• An understanding of the US, European and emerging donor markets
• Experience of working in a multicultural setting, ideally in more than one, demonstrating understanding of working internationally and fluency in English is essential
• Proven effectiveness in managing multi-disciplinary teams and cross-team initiatives that require strong coordination and communication ability
• Significant experience of effective communication at all levels across an organization and a wider audience
• Membership of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Institute of Fundraising (IOF) or equivalent national fundraising association
• Closing date for applications: Please submit your application as soon as possible (before July 24th, 2019).
• For inquiries please call Mark Wijne (030-4100916) on Monday July 22nd, between 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
• How to apply: Send a cover letter and 2-page CV to Mark Wijne (email@example.com) along with a sample of your writing, eg a 500-word article.