Oxfam Novib is looking for a
Donor Account Manager – Institutional Dutch Donors
(Dutch Government Central funds, Embassies and other institutional donors from the Netherlands)
The position will support the organization in maintaining and increasing its work Oxfam Novib sets ambitious growth targets on income. The Institutional Funding and Donor Relations unit in The Hague is a team of dedicated institutional funding and compliance experts that are supporting the organization in reaching its ambitions through effective engagement and partnership building with its institutional donors whilst safeguarding compliance.
As Donor Account Manager, you will you will deliver professional services to optimize institutional donor funding, partnership development and cooperation through identifying, sharing and coordinating institutional donor intelligence, networking and strategic engagement and positioning with the institutional donors from the Netherlands. Those are the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other Ministries, their Agencies, other institutional funds, Dutch Embassies and some specific foundations. You will be working closely with a Junior Account Manager who you will not manage but steer and mentor.
Together you form the focal point of the Dutch Institutional donors for Oxfam Novib and the Oxfam confederation.
The Donor Account Manager is part of the Institutional Funding and Donor Relations (IFDR), based in The Hague and reports to the Unit Manager.
What you’ll be doing:
· Business Development: (Pro) actively identifies funding opportunities with the target institutional donors for our programmes. You will do so by showcasing and sharing expert knowledge of the donors’ funding modalities, ways of working, policies, strategies and planning cycles to the organisation and countries in which we operate. Maintain up to date analysis of the trends on the Home Donor market including the development of new funding mechanisms.
· Resource Mobilization: Implementation of Oxfam Novib resource mobilisation strategy. You will support teams at The Hague and country level to maximise and prioritise the upcoming opportunities for the Donor you are responsible for. You support them in the implementation of their funding strategies and ensure adequate and up to date monitoring of the Home Donor pipeline.
· Relationship Management: Builds up and maintain a network of contacts and partnership relations** with the Home Donors in The Netherlands and in the Countries where Oxfam Novib operates. You will be the focal point of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs Oxfam Novib Account Manager.
· Donor Engagement: You will keep Oxfam teams up to date with trends and other related intelligence gathered through your partnership engagement with the home donors, and will support the Country Offices in establishing strategic linkages and strengthen their strategic positioning with the Dutch Embassies.
· Coordination: Oxfam Novib operates within a larger confederation. As such you will coordinate institutional funding initiatives within Oxfam Novib and wider Oxfam and when applicable with other NGOs and participate in meetings when required.
· Bid Development: You will provide expert advice to the Country Offices and Oxfam Novib implementing units in The Hague as to how to adhere to donor requirements with regard to donor fund applications during the bid development processes from a programme quality perspective. If necessary and for key strategic opportunities, you might be requested to do some bid coordination activities.
What you’ll need:
· You are in possession of at least a MSc degree from a recognised university/college in International development, Finance, Social Sciences or any other related area that can bring added value to the job.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position in an internal organisation.
· Proven knowledge, fundraising and contract management experience with the donor account. Proven examples of working with and raising funds from the donor account as well as experience with its rules and regulations is a prerequisite for this function. Proven experience but not limited to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other Ministries, Netherlands Enterprise Agency, large foundations/funds in The Netherlands and Dutch embassies.
· Knowledge of the Dutch Cooperation strategy and the Dutch Embassy network.
· Knowledge and understanding of project and programme management, Project Cycle and monitoring, technical and financial reporting is required.
· Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritise, meet deadlines, and hold self and others to account.
· Good communication skills, with proven ability to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including from a distance.
· Bilingual or full professional proficiency in Dutch and English is a requirement.
· Travels abroad are expected for this position.
· Minimum knowledge of budgeting and financial literacy.
· You are results driven and customer focused and work in autonomy with a strong capacity to understand complex issues and translate them in simple, workable actions and plans.
What we offer:
We offer you a chance to work with and manage very professional and driven people, in a leading NGO where professional and personal development is stimulated with training opportunities and where you can really make an impact and actually contribute to the fight for a just world without poverty. Finally, we offer a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors, meaning a gross salary in the range from € 2.782,- to € 4.280,- based on a 36-hour working week. This is excl. 8% holiday fee and end of year allowance.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position. Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.
Please apply via the ‘apply’ button and hopefully we meet each other soon. You can apply at the latest on 12 December, 2019.
In case you have any questions about the position, don’t hesitate to contact the Manager IFDR, Julien Marx via Julien.Marx@oxfamnovib.nl.