(36 hours per week)
A healthy life. It enables you to develop yourself socially and economically, take matters into your own hands and pursue your dreams. With good health, you can look after yourself and your family and lift yourself out of poverty. That is why Simavi works towards a healthy life for all. We work to ensure that disadvantaged people, especially women and girls, in low- and middle-income countries practice healthy behaviours based on their own free and informed decisions.
We believe there are two crucial factors that determine good health and well-being: Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and access to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Our integrated approach of these two expertise areas is reflected in our programmes to achieve the greatest impact possible for the most disadvantaged groups in Africa and Asia. Our communications, lobby and advocacy efforts aim to engage the general public and involve them in what we do.
Since 1925, we have been working with local partners, the private sector, knowledge institutes, donors, alliance partners and governments to realise our highest ambition. We are amongst others the lead NGO in the WASH SDG Consortium and the Golden Line programme. And we are member of the Get Up Speak Out Alliance and the More than Brides Alliance.
In 2017, we have restructured our organisation. We introduced an agile style of working. Moving away from a hierarchical organisation into a ‘flat’ circles based organisation instead of departments. Each employee has one or more roles, which may vary in time. The roles are grouped into eight functional circles, each with a specific purpose and its responsibilities.
In this exciting and challenging position, you are responsible for increasing the brand awareness of Simavi. By sending the right message, at the right time, through the right online channels towards all different stakeholders.
The Digital Communication Officer is coached by the Director Fundraising & Communication.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Development of content for online platforms, social media, marketing products and internal communication.
- Advising on how to improve the content (data driven or by trend analysis).
- Development of innovative projects and campaigns translated into execution.
- Project management of a team of (marketing) specialists including: SEA, social advertising specialist and website developers.
- Maintaining and increasing a network of media relations.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile?
- Bachelor level of education and a minimum of 1 year working experience in campaigning and/or project management in a similar organisation.
- You love telling stories through different channels, incorporating text, images and video content.
- You have a passion for NGO-work and are interested in complex relations and international projects focused on a healthy life for all.
- You’re an absolute digital savvy.
- Experience with WordPress, Adobe Creative or similar image editing tools.
- Excellent verbal, reading and writing skills in English and Dutch.
- A hands-on mentality.
- Result-driven and entrepreneurial.
- You stand your ground and know how to provide feedback in a positive way.
- A team player and open to others opinions and ideas.
- You are eligible to work in the Netherlands.
What do we offer?
Simavi offers a result-driven and challenging position in an international working environment, with considerable ways to make a difference. Besides a fun and healthy working environment (i.e. weekly bootcamp sessions, agile way of working and healthy lunches), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a contract for 12 months for 36 hours per week with possible extension. The salary we offer depends on the years of working experience you bring along and will be within the salary range of € 2,360.- and € 3,223.- gross per month for 36 hours per week (i.e. fulltime).
Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 2 minutes’ walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk.
How to apply?
Do you recognise yourself in the profile and do you want to contribute to Simavi’s mission and vision? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) before 27 February 2019 via this application link: http://simavi.onlinevacatures.nl/vacancy/details/122570.
Do you have questions about this position? Please contact Brecht Janssen (Director Fundraising & Communication) via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is this not your challenge? Support Simavi by sharing this vacancy with your network!
The procedure will consist of 2 interviews rounds, a case study and a reference check.
Because physical and emotional safety of children is crucial for Simavi, we do not accept any form of abuse. Child safeguarding is addressed in our recruitment and selection process.
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.