We are looking for the greatest data nerd who wants to support us develop our business intelligence products for our members. Do you like data? Do you like to turn messy pdf and illogical spreadsheets into perfect excel files beautifully visualised in tools like Tableau? Do you know how to go about scraping data from websites around the world? If you answer “Yes!” to these questions, then we are looking for you.
Seafood Trade Intelligence Portal is a membership-based platform with a mission. We aim to increase the transparency in the global seafood sector and to support companies and organizations to make investments in sustainable aquaculture and fisheries supply chains. The data you produce will be presented to our members, through the perfect business intelligence dashboards, which help them to make better-informed decisions. Wanna know more about what we do? Check www.seafood-tip.com and read ShrimpTails: www.seafood-tip.com/shrimptails.
What will you do?
As an intern, you will work independently on (data) tasks, but in close cooperation with the team. Depending on the specific question from our members or clients you will be able to collect the needed data, process it and present it in a visually appealing way. Another task will be to investigate the possibility of using scraping software to collect data in a structured way from a wide range of websites.
What would be the best fit:
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Preferably some experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools.
- A background in computer science, data science, or statistics is preferred.
- Experience with WordPress is preferred.
- If you did not do a related study, it’s ok, but demonstrate your experience in another way.
- Available for a period of 6 months, 28 hours a week.
- Affinity with sustainability and sustainable seafood is a preference.
- Must be registered as a student at a university or other higher education institutions.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work together with ambitious colleagues to set up a social enterprise.
- A great extent of freedom and space to develop and implement your own ideas.
- The opportunity to take on a serious role in a small team.
- A great learning environment to build up your work experience.
- A financial compensation of €285 per month.
- If you demonstrate the added value of the market intelligence that you will co-create, there is an opportunity for work after the internship period.
- Office location: Utrecht, the Netherlands
Please submit your application letter and CV before 25-01-2018 to email@example.com
For further questions please contact Willem van der Pijl at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 1064 21 77.