RNW Media is an international organisation that builds digital communities for social change. We use online media to engage young people (15-30 years old) on sensitive and often-taboo subjects – from love, sex and relationships to civic participation. Through our platforms, young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
Positioning in the organisation
The Data Analyst is a position within the Data & Digital team. You will report to the Director of Digital Programmes. You work closely with the Digital Manager, Programme Managers and Regional Managers.
What you will be doing
As a Data Analyst you are, among other things, responsible for:
- Translating RNW’s projects goals into digitally measurable goals and KPI’s, based on the input of the Data & Digital team;
- Providing the organization with reliable data and capabilities used for improving user experience and achieving Social Change;
- Implements data collection, monitors and optimizes data quality and data processes;
- Provides data-based evidence to support our efforts to measure digital impact;
- Sets up and executes data analysis in order to provide input to the content engagement strategy;
- Monitors online performance of RNWs’ activities (websites, social, video, apps etc);
- Creates periodical and ad hoc reports, create dashboards, present results and advise on optimization;
- Pro-actively gives suggestions for innovation related to data collection, analysis and use;
- Coordinates/supports an international team of data analysts and SEO freelancers including sourcing agency support in our target countries.
What you need to have
Your pro-active way of working, by means of which you are a real team player, makes you a truly valued colleague. Besides this, you have a hands-on mentality, are persuasive, accurate and have excellent planning and organisational skills.
You also have:
- 3-5 years of experience in data analysis; web analytics package experience like Google
- Bachelor degree at a minimum
- Passion for working with data;
- Good understanding of statistics – especially how to interpret and action results;
- Good understanding of Data privacy rules & legislation (GDPR)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Experience developing indicators for social change;
- Strong organization and communication skills, high accuracy, drive for results;
- Excellent in English; preferably good in French.
- Preferably a Masters’ degree in international development (social sciences, information sciences), (development) economics or related;
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. We offer a one-year contract based on 36 hours per week. The position has a competitive compensation and benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
On behalf of RNW Media Cmotions is responsible for the selection procedure. You can express your interest in this position by sending your CV and motivation letter to Fleur Miltenburg (email@example.com). Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered. Applications will be processed as they come in so if we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
Acquisition is not appreciated.