At RNW Media, we support young people who want to speak freely and make informed choices about their futures. We work with them to develop online platforms that provide young people with information in areas where this information is often restricted or taboo. These platforms are safe places where they can engage with each other and have conversations about what really matters to them – both personally and politically. Your job will be to support them as they find their voices, build communities and drive social change.
We use a positive, aspirational approach and are working on three programmes. The first programme focuses on realizing sexual and reproductive health and gender rights (SRHR) through Love Matters. The second programme is called Citizen’s Voice and will surface hopes and dreams as well as barriers to participation such as discrimination, polarization, corruption, violence and lack of accountability. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are Burundian bloggers collective Yaga, the Yemen Youth Panel and This is Africa. The third programme is the RNTC Media Training programme, which provides capacity building for professional and citizen journalists.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Curriculum Designer, offline and online RNTC
In a challenging international environment
Vacancy number: 18-025
Purpose of the position
RNTC offers intensive courses in the Netherlands, flexible learning online and tailor-made training worldwide. You would be responsible for designing the curricula for RNW Media Learning, EU CSEP, RNTC General and GEC State Department.
You are responsible for building and developing innovative on- and offline products in association with the Manager RNTC.
Positioning in the organisation
You will report to the Manager RNTC.
What do you have to do?
- Translate findings, reports, data and content into learning design;
- Create engaging face to face learning-by-doing workshops and trainings;
- Create engaging Online learning-by-doing workshops and trainings through Moodle;
- Be able to test training materials and make improvements to them based on training findings;
- Compile trainer notes for the implementation of the trainings by our trainers;
- Improvement of the RNTC online learning environment;
- Manage the updates of the OLA;
- Implement the Online learning courses.
What do you need to have?
- Education and working experience at WO level;
- Excellent in English and preferably working knowledge of French, Arabic or Chinese;
- International work experience (preferably in/with non-EU countries)
- High level of cultural awareness/sensitivity;
- Experience in Project Management;
- Good communication and social skills;
- Thorough understanding of learning design
- Ability to create engaging workshop and trainings
- Experience with Moodle platformand the ability to design Moodle trainings
- Training implementation experience
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in the regions. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest.
The Hilversum Mediapark train station is only a 10-minute walk. We offer a one-year contract based on 16 hours, with potential for renewal. The position has a competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
- You can complete the application form (CV and Cover letter in PDF) through this link before 20 December 2018
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
- Acquisition is not appreciated.