The program for academic year 2019 and 2020 starts in December 2019 and finishes in late June 2020. In February you have 4 weeks paid holidays to travel around China and other Asian countries.
Cultural Ambassador Program run by the Department of Education of Zhejiang Province, hires European professionals to work as Cultural Ambassadors to teach the English language, with a focus on communication skills, in Chinese primary and secondary schools in the cities of Lishui and Quzhou Zhejiang Province.
The reason for this program is to help upcoming generation in underdeveloped communities (tier 2-3 cities) with gaining valuable communicative skill and intercultural understandings. It is a public service activity, which is fully supported by the local governments of Zhejiang Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, Department of Education of Zhejiang Province as well as Education Bureaus of Lishui, and Quzhou.
As a European Cultural Ambassador, you will be assigned to different groups of students in one city. Your main responsibilities are teaching speaking English, organising activities for students to learn about European cultures as well as participating in yearly school activities. Specifically, every week you will have a maximum of twenty teaching hours, each teaching hour is 45 minutes, and ten hours of participating in teaching research, giving lectures on European cultures and social customs, organising and participating in extra curriculum activities.
Throughout the school year, you will always have a Chinese coordinator standing by to assists you in all matters, including living, social, educational, and questions on safety.
Who is eligible for the program?
– Have a Bachelor degree or above (all majors welcome).
– Speak fluent English.
– Proof of no criminal record.
– Be deemed physically and psychologically healthy
– Have an open-minded and flexible attitude.
What are the benefits?
– Monthly salary EUR 830 net (RMB 6500), which allows you to live comfortably in China.
– EUR 1275 (RMB 10,000) flight allowance after completion of the program.
– Comprehensive Chinese medical insurance.
– A paid single apartment includes kitchen facilities, a private bathroom, fast WIFI, fridge, wash machine, bed and wardrobe closet.
– Free meals at the school canteen.
– Paid Chinese public holiday plus 4 weeks school break.
– Free online TEFL course is provided while your time in China
– Full reimbursement of your flight ticket after one month of working in China.
– A reference letter issued by the Ministry of Education of Zhejiang province, which will help develop your career both in China and Europe.