DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCESSFULLY DRIVE SUSTAINABILITY IN INTERNATIONAL FOOD MARKETS?
COUNTRY manager Markets transformation
France, Spain, Italy
market development, senior key account management and NGO engagement, with great opportunity for growth and impact at scale
Rainforest Alliance is an international non-profit organization at the intersection of business, agriculture and forests, with the mission to make sustainable land use and responsible business practice the new norm. In 2018 Rainforest Alliance merged with UTZ, a global program and label for sustainable farming, leading to an impactful organization with 450 staff in 14 countries and actively working with local communities in over 70 countries. We bring together diverse stakeholders to address some of the most pressing social and environmental challenges of today.
Your principal responsibility is to strategically facilitate and enhance the demand for Rainforest Alliance certified commodities (coffee, cocoa, tea, bananas) by proactively serving relevant key accounts in the region. You develop and execute sales plans for retention, development and acquisition of major retailers and brands. You identify market and account needs and you develop relationships into mutual and continuous commercial success. Herein you gather and provide relevant market information and support accounts in their implementation of Rainforest Alliance programs and services.
It is crucial to also actively engage with NGO’s and to initiate and coordinate advocacy activities, such as designing and implementing campaigns and events, in close cooperation with field representatives, internal issue and advocacy experts.
You are an organized, self-starting senior with proven commercial success in similar markets and passion for sustainability. You can work cooperatively with clients and Rainforest Alliance departments.
Since the main focus will be on France, we are especially interested in candidates with a successful track record in this market, ideally living in/near Paris or the North of France. You will combine working from your home office with coming to Rainforest Alliance’s fantastic sustainability hub in the center of Amsterdam as often as you like. The other European country leads frequently meet and exchange on account strategies and approaches.
- Increase Rainforest Alliance certified volumes, visibility and relevance in France, Spain and Italy. Client satisfaction.
- Cooperate internally on account and business development and implementation
- Monitor, analyze and exchange on market trends
- Advocacy, engagement, balance stakeholder needs with market realities
- At least 5 years of senior commercial experience working with major relevant B2B accounts and stakeholders in the food industry in France (experience in Spain and Italy is a plus)
- Proven success in and understanding of sales as a complex, long term and full-cycle process
- Strategist, results-driven team player and passion for sustainability
- Ability to integrate in a global organization and cooperate with colleagues in other regions
- Degree in business, commerce, supply chain management, or related
- (Near-)native French, fluency in (business) English. Spanish and Italian are plusses
Commensurate with experience.
Our passion for sustainability connects us as a global team and together with stakeholders we drive positive change towards more sustainable practices in both local and global agricultural markets.
Deep expertise, a clear vision plus intensive cooperation with businesses, governments and NGO’s, make Rainforest Alliance a globally effective and impactful organization.
This is your opportunity to SCALE sustainability in KEY markets!
How to apply?
In this procedure we work with Sustainability Works.
Please send your application (max. 1 page motivation, max. 2 page resume) latest Sept 29 2019 to email@example.com, mentioning ‘Country manager Markets Transformation France, Spain, Italy’ in the subject line.
First round interviews will take place Tuesday Oct 8 2019.
Please feel free to contact Sustainability Works, Annelies Pijnenburg for more information: +31646680191 or firstname.lastname@example.org.