Your main responsibilities are:
- Develop, maintain and execute communication plans for various target audiences.
- Develop and deploy communication tools (a new website is planned), annual reports, newsletters, videos and other resources. Customize communication messages to the target groups and for various media, e.g. online channels.
- Responsible for public relations, generating publicity and handling the media.
- Give support to fundraising through marketing – communications, including promoting the organization, preparing materials, presentations, events, and other support, e.g. writing content for and editing proposals.
- Provide a proactive, content driven marketing communication approach.
- Manage external parties such as agencies, designers, printers and find creative ways to keep costs low with quality outputs.
- Signal and analyse trends in the sector and proactively translate them into opportunities, providing input for fundraising and programme advocacy/policy influencing focus.
Profile of the ‘ideal candidate’
Education and experience
- Bachelor/University (at least HBO level) degree, with a minimum of four years’ work experience in marketing and communications;
- Experience in positioning and profiling organisations, and implementing related Marketing and Communication techniques. Preferred: relevant experience in the field of Public Relations (PR) and information;
- Proven experience in handling social media, and an awareness of the latest trends and developments in this area.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in Dutch and English.
- Knowledge of and experience with different content Management systems and design software (Adobe Creative Suite, different content management systems and MailChimp is preferred.
- Can work independently as well as part of a team, and safeguards deadlines.
- Affinity with the mission of Max Foundation.
- Ability to work in and with multicultural, international environments.
- Persuasive, driven and hands-on
- Proactive and customer-oriented (excellent in building and managing relationships).
- Can represent the organisation externally.
- Creative in your writing and approaching our target groups.
- Innovative, always focussing on how we can improve and aware of the latest trends and developments in the market.
A great next step in your career as a communication professional. You will work closely in a small team of professionals, who all have their own expertise and work with heart and head to achieve maximum impact:” Saving as many children’s lives as possible”.
You’ll be coached by the director partnership and business development in this role.
Benefits are competitive and remuneration will be according to the “Regeling Beloning Goede Doelen Nederland”.
Are you the communications professional we seek, and are you interested in a challenging job in a dynamic organization? Then please sent us your resume with motivation letter in English, no later than September 30th, 2019 to Claudia Janssen at email@example.com, regarding vacancy Max Foundation Communications Manager. For more information please see www.maxfoundation.org or contact Kate Pearson, Director of Business Development, 06- 25204532.
Max Foundation’s mission is to save as many children’s lives as possible, focusing on providing children under five with a healthy start in life. It is a business-driven, fast-growing Dutch-based international NGO, founded in 2005 by Steven and Joke Le Poole following the death of their son Max (8 months old) in 2004. Max Foundation aims to do things in the most effective and sustainable way, for greater, lasting impact. Max Foundation has developed a successful, integrated approach combining WASH, nutrition and essential care for mothers and children that has proven impact in improving child health. We work in Bangladesh, Nepal and Ethiopia, and have reached two million people to date, and aim to reach 3 million beneficiaries by 2021. We have also launched in 2019 a spin-off social venture Max Water Social Business to provide safe, piped water for domestic use in Bangladeshi households.