We support our 130 member brands with practical knowledge and guidance, and verify their efforts at their headquarters as well as in production countries. And we promote a ‘new normal’ for the global garment industry by targeting a wide range of relevant audiences. We have 45+ Amsterdam-based staff of very diverse background and work with expert teams in eleven production countries.
Communication Planner & Event Coordinator
We are looking of a Communication Planner & Event Coordinator.
FWF’s External Relations & Communication (ER&C) team focuses on liaising with FWF’s international stakeholders. The team is responsible for FWF’s external communication as well as its lobby and advocacy efforts.
This new position in the team combines project planning and project management responsibilities with coordination of FWF-driven events in Europe and beyond. Depending on organisational priorities, both roles should ideally take an equal amount of time and attention.
As event coordinator, you will plan and execute events from conceptualisation through to execution and follow-up. You will play a key role in the marketing communication strategy by bringing creative ideas to life. You will interact with colleagues across different FWF teams and countries to ensure consistent and distinctive representation at events.
The project management role includes initiating and planning the ER&C projects and activities. You will be the first point of contact for projects and events and will monitor the overall progress of activities and results.
Both roles combine content with execution, and a ‘helicopter view’ with a keen eye for detail. Successful candidates can juggle multiple projects at once without compromising on quality of work.
- Ensure proper planning of new and ongoing projects and activities
- This includes the effective intake and integration of new projects from other FWF Teams and balancing overall organisation and communication strategy with ER&C Team resource planning.
- Keep oversight of calendar of upcoming events, projects and commitments
- Monitor progress on ER&C projects and activities using the team online project management tool
- Coordinate FWF events as well as FWF’s presence at external events and fairs
- With the help of external contractors, plan and execute events from start to finish, including registration, booth design, resource management, etc.
- Offer creative ideas and solutions and collaborate with other teams to ensure they are prepared for fairs and have the support they need
- Assist with development, production, and distribution of event marketing communications via email, web, and print
- Stay within budget parameters, maintain expenses for each event
Skills and qualifications:
- Strong and proven project and event management skills
- 3-5 years of directly relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree (communication, marketing, business or event planning) or equivalent
- Experience and comfort working with project management software (e.g. Salesforce, Monday, Trello)
- Ability to work with scrum project management
- Strong professional and interpersonal communication in both written and spoken English
- German language skills desired but not required
- Ability to combine strategy, content and operational excellence
- Comfortable working in a self-steering work environment
- High energy, positive and professional attitude, self-starter with a hands-on approach
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and interact with other teams or organisations
- Strong multi-tasking/time management skills and attention to detail
- A high level of professionalism and flexibility under pressure
- Good decision-making, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Affinity with FWF’s vision and mission
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Please visit www.fairwear.org for more information about our organisation. For more information about the position, you can call Maaike Payet/Catherine Schook (+31 20-4084255).
We offer a salary in accordance with the Dutch government remuneration system (BBRA) scale 11, depending on relevant experience.
If you are interested, please send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com no later than 25 February 2019. We will interview candidates in March. Recruitment agencies are asked to refrain from approaching Fair Wear Foundation about this or any other vacancy.