RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. We dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
We support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through our platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them. Your job will be to support young people on our platforms to find their voices, make informed choices and build their communities to drive social change.
We have three global programmes. Two are thematic and one focuses on capacity building. Our thematic programmes are Love Matters and Citizen’s Voice. Love Matters focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are the Burundian bloggers collective, Yaga, and the Yemen Youth Panel. The RNTC Media Training programme strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Campaigns Specialist RNTC (junior)
In a challenging international digital environment
32 hours/week – parttime
Vacancy number: 19-028
About Every Voice Counts
Every Voice Counts (EVC) Programme and RNTC trainers will create on and offline campaigns to promote EVC activities as well as raise awareness on specific issues and work on creating effective responses, and open debate and dialogue between different actors, in the local context. The content produced will be targeted online to specific audiences to allow a more significant reach and engagement. To gain more visibility and allow offline discussions between the target audiences.
The Campaign Specialist will provide technical support sessions for teams in Analytics, Targeting, Online tools and Digital marketing.
Purpose of the position:
Your role would be to coach and help others develop campaigns, help us develop our training materials and help us implement our programmes linked to campaigning.
Positioning in the organization:
Position in the RNTC Training programme team (a multidisciplinary team). You will report to the Manager RNTC.
What you will have to do:
Technical support Sudan, Burundi and Somali
- Technical assistance in content production which will be tailored to a combination of different media formats and channels;
- Distribution and promotion of the content;
- Provide assessment of content that is produced, and guide/support participants in finalising the content and other deliverables set in the action plan;
- Support in analysis and monitoring of content that are gathered quarterly;
- Supporting and coaching team members in other countries.
Support on analysis of the effects and effectiveness of interventions as part of the quarterly and annual monitoring of the programme.
What you need to have:
- 1-3 years experience with implementing campaigns;
- 1-3 years experience in social media marketing;
- Understanding the role of NGO’s
Experience with the following:
- Analytics: tweet deck, Google, FB and others
- Platforms: FB, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and others
- SEO and/or SEM
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Digital Video, Voice and Visual
- Design skills +
- Extensive knowledge of English and preferably the French language. Knowledge of Arabic and/or French language is an asset.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. We offer a 1-year contract based on 32 hours, tied to the Every Voice Counts programme (no possibility for extension). The position has a competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people with whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Northern Africa and China are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply as soon as possible through this link. Deadline for applications is 28th of June 2019. Applicants will be processed on a first come first serve base.
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
- Acquisition is not appreciated.