As Business Strategist you will mainly focus on developing and finetuning business strategies and proposals for RNW Media programs aligned with the RNW Media Strategy to obtain funding; and/or developing strategic partnerships in target countries and supporting capacity building of country teams and partners.
About RNW Media
RNW Media thrives for a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future. To do so, RNW Media builds digital communities where young people can safely engage on taboos and sensitive topics and generate strong stories for advocacy to unleash their potential for social change.
RNW Media has three core global programs:
- Love Matters focuses on realizing sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR);
- Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance;
- The RNTC Media Training Center strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
RNW Media is committed to reflecting the young people with whom they work. The organization aims to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where RNW Media works, sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Northern Africa and China are particularly welcome to apply.
As Business Strategist, you will join the Business Development team and report to the Director of Business Development. You will work closely with business development team members, regional managers and country teams and will be responsible for the following:
- Translating RNW media’s strategy and ToC into a strategy, plan, activities and proposals for country teams and social franchise entities;
- Preparing proposals for target countries and ensuring timely and complete submissions according to tender guidelines and donor requirements;
- Identifying, developing and (co-)executing (new) fundraising projects and activities in target countries across programs;
- Developing business development capacity for country teams and (co-)implementing it;
- Acting as first point of contact for country teams and advising, answering questions and supporting them on the implementation, execution and effectiveness of strategic partnering and/or fundraising activities;
- Developing and implementing in-country donor management relation system;
- Staying current on the international trends of and developments in fundraising and proposal writing and using it for further development;
- Liaising with current and potential donors, relevant networks and stakeholders and expanding them;
- Supporting the business developer and institutional fundraiser with proposal development, obtaining funding, engaging strategic partners and building and managing essential relationships at events.
- 5–7 years’ relevant experience, including working with international teams and with alliances;
- Preferably a Master degree in economics, sociology, anthropology, international development or related;
- Proven track record in business strategy development, proposal writing, (institutional) fundraising and program development;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing;
- Fluent in English and Dutch. French proficiency is an asset;
- Experience with institutional donors, knowledge of the donor landscape.
What we offer
- A stimulating position within a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries;
- An informal and flexible work structure that emphasizes wellbeing as much as it does quality work;
- An office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk;
- 1-year contract based on 36 hours, with potential for extension;
- A gross monthly salary of at least € 3381,- up to at the most € 4704,- based on a 36-hour working week and depending on relevant years of experience.
How to apply
Han Valk – Fundraising Consultancy is responsible for the recruitment. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and resume (including salary expectations and three references) in English to Claire Barthet, at email@example.com before 28 July 2019, midnight (Central European time). Please mention the name of the position in the subject line.
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible as all applications will be processed and evaluated on a rolling basis and the position may be filled sooner than the closing date.
Strong preference will be given to candidates who are based in the Netherlands – or willing to relocate – and who have permission to work in the country.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Stay one step ahead and get job opportunities in the NGO and fundraising sector in your mailbox a week before they are out by subscribing to our newsletter on https://bit.ly/2UEaB4K !