ResultsinHealth is an international advisory agency, specializing in public health and development. ResultsinHealth offers services to governments, non-governmental organizations, bilateral and international organizations, and financing agencies. ResultsinHealth is driven by its vision to improve the health of the population across the world; and its mission to strengthen effective disease prevention and access to health care. ResultsinHealth’s work is based on scientific evidence, a desire to innovate, and a solid understanding of the day-to-day realities in low- and middle-income countries. ResultsinHealth forms part of a new generation of public health agencies, who work to find novel solutions for persistent public health problems in countries around the world.
The Business Developer will be responsible for the following:
a. Develop and implement the RiH business strategy, particularly for M&E;
b. Develop and manage pipeline trackers (Including managing business intelligence);
c. Lead the development of large and complex acquisition processes (writing proposals, investigating and approaching potential collaborating partner agencies, and negotiating with collaborating partners and donors);
d. Lead and manage the M&E portfolio on a daily basis, including creating an engaging, collaborative and supportive work environment;
e. Provide advice to the director and the current M&E team on major donors’ priorities, monitor market trends and identify gaps and niches within M&E-related issues.
This position requires a strong technically experienced and a strategic thinker, who has entrepreneurial skills and is able to make well informed and timely decisions.
– Master degree in Development Studies or Health Sciences with a good understanding of, and experience with main M&E frameworks.
– Additional degree or training in Business or a track record of strong commercial insight is preferred.
– Familiarity with issues of public health, social inclusion, and education in the context of UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) is an advantage.
– Strong understanding and knowledge of development, major donors and funding trends internationally and in low- and middle-income countries;
– Minimum of 10 years of experience in business development in international settings and with for- and non-profit organizations;
– Proven experience in successfully leading corporate fundraising activities including opportunity identification, capture management, technical solution design, proposal writing and costing;
– Ability to coach and manage a team directly, and remotely in a multi-cultural setting indirectly; experience functioning in a virtual work environment.
– Excellent communication, presentation, writing, networking, negotiation and coordination skills focused on results and an ability to meet deadlines;
– Fluency in spoken and written English. Proficiency in Dutch and or other European language is an advantage;
– Willing to travel abroad several times a year for short missions and coordination purposes;
– Eligible to work in the Netherlands and residing within a 40 km radius of our office in Leiderdorp, the Netherlands, is preferred.
Competencies and Personality
Are you a servant leader who actively creates a culture of trust and collaboration in which staff and experts can flourish? Are you engaging and enjoy working with others, but persistent when necessary? Do you easily conduct oversight, continuously determine how to improve your way of working, and have a drive to contribute to our mission?
Then we invite you to apply to work with us!
We offer an exciting position based in The Netherlands, with a small, dynamic and growing organization and a stimulating (international) working environment. ResultsinHealth is a flexible and adaptive organization with limited hierarchy that offers significant space for initiative and development.
The position is full-time (40 hours per week) and includes the opportunity to work from home 1 day per week and flexibly organize your working hours at the office. The salary for this function, depending on your education and work experience, is between € 55,000 and € 70,000 gross per year, based on a 40-hour work week.
We offer an employment contract for 12 months with the prospect of extension in case of good performance, 25 holidays, a good pension plan, travel allowance, an arrangement to increase the number of holidays (after 1 year of employment) and a laptop to conduct your work at the office and home.
To apply for this vacancy, please fill out the registration form on our website www.resultsinhealth.org/cv-registration-vacancy-business-developer-M-E and upload a:
– Letter of introduction (max. two pages), carefully describing your ability to meet the requirements of this vacancy, including names and contact details of at least two professional references;
– Curriculum Vitae.
An assessment and online data collection will be part of the selection procedure.
To learn more about this position, please contact Suzan Maliepaard by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone +31 (0)71 760 1200. Additional information on ResultsinHealth can be found on our website www.resultsinhealth.org.