What will you be doing?
As a Business Developer Child Health you are positioned in the market team of the Unit Healthy Living and contributing to the ambitions of Child Health research for more international research and also to the TNO program Innovation for Development (I4D).
Within the Child Health expertise area the focus lies on preventive care for children on the basis of the whole child. In other words, looking at the connection between the child’s physical, social and psychological problems at the interface of prevention and cure. By focusing on integrated care and early prevention among young people from conception to 23 years, we help to ensure a healthy and safe upbringing.
The Business Developer will work closely together with top scientists from the research group Child Health. Their research includes a broad range of preventive interventions for children, from before pregnancy (preconception care) up to their entering the workforce in early adulthood. The aim of these interventions is to improve health and quality of life in children and, as a result later in life, in adulthood and old age.
The I4D program is a TNO wide program focusing on applied innovations in developing countries; mainly Africa and Asia. We select innovations that can have impact in developing countries and in the Netherlands as well and operate in international public-private partnerships. Role of TNO in those hands-on projects is to bring in new technology, social services, business modelling, project management and to foster collaboration.
- Initiate and develop activities to build new propositions; by investigating relevant expertise areas and innovations within the TNO Child Health area matching with market demands in other countries.
- Develop partnerships and innovative projects. You will work in close collaboration with TNO colleagues on content, financial, IP and legal issues.
- Secure (co)funding for the innovative projects.
- Monitoring progress of your efforts, including reporting, administration and communications of your activities and successes externally and internally.
- Develop ambitious plans to realize these propositions, partnerships, projects and funding and work independently on the realization of this plan
- Contribute to the vision and strategy of the international Child Health Program. You will report to the director of Market from the unit Healthy Living and work closely together with both the Program manager Innovation for Development and the principle business consultant of the research group Child Health.
What do we require of you?
- In depth knowledge about the Dutch preventive youth (health) care system and with the applicability in an international context, specifically in developing countries.
- Knowledge of the market demands, funding possibilities and the business models matching with low-income groups.
- A master degree and minimum of 10 years professional experience in (international) business development and/or social entrepreneurship.
- Experience in working in complex multi-stakeholder settings and organizing funding/ investment capital for innovation projects and businesses, preferably in mother and child or adolescent health
- Passion about the mentioned topics and capable of aligning science, policy and practical implementations
- Strong collaborative, relationship, and influencing skills.
- Business driven, curious for new innovations and eager to reach social impact. You combine a strong substantive and “consultative selling” background with entrepreneurship and drive
- Experience with business development in a research context and a strong international oriented network.
- Independency, take initiatives and find your way in a large, sometimes complex organization, with a can-do mentality and sense of humor.
- Excellent in Dutch and English writing and oral communication and willing to travel
What can you expect of your work situation?
As a Business Developer you become part of the business development team of the Healthy Living unit. In this team you work together with other business developers and child health experts to realize the goals of the unit. There is room to develop new ideas and to make them happen. A team of motivated colleagues who support you on a daily base. Regular and independent travel, also to foreign countries, is not a problem for you. Your location is Leiden and you’ll report to the Director Market Healthy Living.
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.
TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career.
You can apply till the 24th of February 2019. The process comprises at least two (selection) rounds. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Click here for more information or to apply: https://www.tno.nl/nl/career/vacatures/a0S0X000013Asv6UAC/
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.