For our team in Nepal we are recruiting a business advisor (m/f), location: Kathmandu, Nepal.
As a business advisor, you are a coach and advisor of our clients (farmer cooperatives and organisations). You are a real dealmaker, tirelessly creating opportunities how to better serve our clients and how to better position Agriterra as the number one cooperative specialist in the country. You are an advisor, networker and broker having the lead in acquisition and marketing of our services. You provide expert advice, monitor advisory trajectories with clients and you have an advisory and brokerage role in the closing of deals with, among others, donors, multilateral agencies, trust funds and the private sector. In order to achieve this, networking is your second nature, leveraging the potential of our network comprising of cooperatives and farmers’ organisations, government institutions and all other stakeholders relevant for cooperative development.
• Provide business development advice to and facilitate change management within cooperatives that will allow for the realisation of business growth potential.
• Acquisition and marketing of Agriterra services and products related to cooperative business development.
• Materialise opportunities to finance business plans of cooperatives, support the establishment of contacts and negotiate business agreements with banks, investors and other financiers (governments and the business sector).
• Provide both clients and the team of business advisors with coaching and guidance relating to change trajectories and stakeholder management, to promote the interests of farmers, associations and cooperatives, particularly to the authorities of Nepal.
• Collect and systematise information about clients and advisory processes, such as financial reports and annual overviews.
• Position Agriterra in Nepal and Asia as the number one service provider in cooperative business development.
• A bachelor’s degree in business economics or a similar field.
• Extensive experience in and knowledge of one or more fields in which Agriterra achieves results, such as cooperative business development, market chain development, agricultural service provision, entrepreneurship, governance, and financial management.
• Relevant practical knowledge of and experience in the agri & food and/or cooperative sector in the Netherlands
• Proven experience in programme management with solid reporting and writing skills.
• High level of proficiency in English and preferably Dutch and Nepali.
• Enthusiastic, focused on results and service and skilled in coaching and change management.
• Familiar with self-steering and team dynamics
• Able and used to travel frequently.
What we have to offer
A position that requires you to be highly self-reliant and use your pioneering skills in order to operate in dynamic international markets and in close cooperation with the agricultural business sector. At Agriterra, the work environment is collegial and ambitious, and the focus is on achieving impact. As a business advisor, you will be part of the Nepal team of business advisors as well as a part of the Asia team. The working conditions and additional benefits are good. The salary offered will depend on your experience, age and family situation.
Are you interested?
Are you interested in this position and do you fit the profile? Then apply with a cover letter and curriculum vitae, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of C.C. van Rij, manager agri-advice.
If you require further information, you can also contact him by sending an e-mail.
We are Agriterra, a Dutch agri-agency that provides business development services to ambitious cooperatives and farmer organisations in developing and emerging economies. We assist them with advice and training by locally based business advisors and by deploying practitioners from the Dutch and international farmer organisations and (cooperative) companies; the so-called AgriPool experts. We apply a three-track approach: we make cooperatives bankable and create real farmer-led companies, we improve extension services to farmer members and we enhance farmer-government dialogues. Our advisory practice covers the full range of services on Management & Organisation, Financial Management, Governance, Business Development and Lobby & Advocacy.
Agriterra works from local offices in a large number of countries. We work with self-steering teams, so our employees are challenged to use every bit of determination, creativity and strategy to achieve our compelling goals. Being a self-steering organisation makes Agriterra an inspiring and challenging environment for professional growth and development.
Agriterra has an annual turnover of approximately 15 million euros, is ISO certified and has over 130 employees, both in the Netherlands and abroad. For more information, visit our website www.agriterra.org