Brand Liaison (36-hour week)
The role will include but is not limited to the following activities:
- You are the main contact person within Fair Wear Foundation to a number of member brands in an account manager type role
- You will provide guidance to member brands and support them in their responsible purchasing practices and remediation programs, to enhance their impact towards improving labour conditions in their supply chains
- You will advise member brands on how to build internal management systems to monitor their supply chains
- You will also conduct performance assessments of member brands on how well they have implemented the FWF requirements based on our Brand Performance Check Guide.
- University degree;
- Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience (textile industry and/or international supply chains);
- Willingness to work in the office in Amsterdam and to travel regularly (within Europe, and possibly to production countries);
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Relevant visa/work permits for the Netherlands and EU.
- Buying and/or merchandise planning experience in garment industry;
- Corporate Social Responsibility experience is highly encouraged;
- Good understanding of business processes;
- Ability to work independently and in self-steering teams;
- Good decision-making and problem-solving abilities;
- Demonstrated ability to engage with companies, at different levels;
- Passion for sustainability, innovation and making improvement in supply chains;
- Interest in working in a culturally diverse team;
- Proficiency in languages other than English is advantageous.
About Fair Wear Foundation
FWF is a non-profit organisation filled with passionate people striving to make the garment industry a better place. We work in a flexible open plan office on the 9th floor of the World Fashion Center in a lovely light filled space that overlooks the west of Amsterdam. Working in self steering teams in a flat organization leads to an informal atmosphere between colleagues, who eat lunch together daily and equally enjoy having fun together outside of the office with monthly team events and drinks.
Please visit www.fairwear.org or @fairwearfoundation for more information about our organisation. For more information about the position, you can call Mariette van Amstel (+31 20 4084255).
We offer a salary in accordance with the Dutch government remuneration system (BBRA) scale depending on relevant experience.
If you are interested, please send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th July 2019.
Recruitment agencies are asked to refrain from approaching Fair Wear Foundation about this or any other vacancy.