Working as part of an international team of fundraising professionals, the Associate, Institutional Relations is responsible for writing and editing six and seven-figure funding proposals to European bilaterals and multilaterals, collaborating with finance and program staff to do so. The Associate, Institutional Relations helps to advance and implement strategy to win institutional funding with specific fundraising targets identified for the short and long term. He/she also helps ensure high-quality and timely reporting to IR donors.
- Manage a distinct portfolio of European bilateral and multilateral donors;
- Work across the institution with units and departments in different geographic locations to lead the quality writing and editing of proposals, letters of inquiry, concept papers, and reports for institutional donors in line with tight deadlines;
- Proactively identify new funding sources to help ensure healthy financial pipeline growth for future years;
- Regularly liaise with contacts at government agencies to track funding opportunities and philanthropic trends;
- Collaborate closely with colleagues on the Institutional Relations team, who are based globally, to coordinate on larger fundraising strategies and ensure complementary actions;
- Carefully track budgetary projections for each donor in his/her portfolio within donor database;
- Input and track detailed grant information, including budgetary projections, in RA’s donor database;
- Assist development colleagues with the writing and editing of donor collateral and other written materials to be presented to funders;
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in institutional fundraising with proven track record of securing government grants;
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with fluency in English; Dutch, Spanish, or French fluency a plus;
- Must be a strong writer that is detail oriented, resourceful, and able to work under tight deadlines;
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, work environment – preferably within a global organization;
- High degree of organizational skill, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as be an effective team member;
- High degree of skill in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required;
- Strong knowledge of conservation and/or community development issues strongly preferred;
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time; and
- Other duties as assigned
Commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Please send your application (max. 1 page motivation, max 2 page resume) no later than 13 August 2019 to email@example.com mentioning Associate, Institutional Relations in the subject line. For questions about this position, please contact Marejke Lindner via +31 20 5308000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates authorized to work in the UK or the Netherlands will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.