About Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI)
The Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI) is a dynamic and ambitious organisation dedicated to the responsible production, sourcing and stewardship of aluminium globally. We have a global multi-stakeholder membership of more than 100 organisations, comprised of companies throughout the aluminium value chain, civil society organisations, associations and other supporters. ASI is also a member of the ISEAL Alliance, the global membership association for credible sustainability standards. We are incorporated in Australia as a non-profit organisation and a Registered Charity.
Our vision is to maximise the contribution of aluminium to a sustainable society, and in December 2017, we launched our flagship ASI Certification program comprising both a Performance Standard and Chain of Custody Standard. At October 2019, there are already 22 companies with one or more ASI Certifications, and more Certifications in the pipeline. Consumer products containing ASI Aluminium are now starting to reach the shelves. We have a strong governance model and strategy in place for continued growth, evolution and impact.
The day-to-day responsibilities of ASI are run by a dedicated and professional Secretariat. Our diverse team continues to grow as ASI’s program, objectives and stakeholder expectations continue to increase in scale and scope. More information on ASI can be found at: www.aluminium-stewardship.org.
ASI is currently seeking to fill a newly created position of ASI Learning Manager. The position is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic team player to continue to build and implement ASI’s learning platform, educationAl, and associated training, capacity building and standards support activities.
All current members of the ASI Secretariat work from a home office in various countries (Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Netherlands), collaborating as a virtual team with periodic in-person meetings. For this role, we are seeking candidates in the Netherlands as a preferred home-based location, though candidates from other locations may also be considered. All candidates must have authorisation to work in their designated home country.
Terms of appointment
ASI is an equal opportunity employer. We support flexible, home-based working, and so the pattern of daily working hours may vary according to operational and personal needs. ASI works across different time zones, and early morning, evening or weekend work may be required occasionally. The role will also involve occasional international travel and overnight stays.
The role is envisaged to be permanent and full time (though part-time may be considered), with a 6 month probation period. ASI expects to offer a competitive package in the order of 50-60,000 Euro, taking into account experience, location, weekly hours and benefits required by law in the candidate’s location, such as pension and leave allowances.
We hope to conclude the recruitment process to enable the successful candidate to commence in early January 2020.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Manage ASI’s overall learning and capacity building program for members, auditors, registered specialists, ASI governance participants, internally and other stakeholders
- Manage the educationAl platform, including developing new content and updating existing content
- Organise guest webinars on relevant topics
- Manage ASI’s online processes for competence assessments of auditors and registered specialists
- Manage integration of learning and competence outcomes into elementAl, ASI’s online assurance platform
- Provide support and responses to user questions in the elementAl Help Desk and manage the FAQ section
- Manage regular auditor communications and calibration activities
- Organise and deliver periodic training sessions in person
- Represent ASI in periodic conference/workshop presentations
- Support ASI standards revisions and rollout of updates
- Support ASI’s Monitoring & Evaluation program with regards to the learning program
- Contribute ideas, content and organisational support for ASI events and communications
- Promote quality and continuous improvement in ASI’s activities
- Support the broader work of the ASI Secretariat in collaborative workstreams
- Work collaboratively with key external stakeholders and partners
Required skills and experience
We are looking for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and at least one (or more) other language/s
- Excellent organisational skills, particularly in the context of technical information and managing projects and deadlines
- Experience developing and delivering training, giving technical presentations and/or facilitating groups, particularly in cross-cultural contexts
- Experience working with internationally recognized standards and industry best practices
- Experience working with certification/assurance frameworks, industry compliance programs, and/or international development projects
- Familiarity with key sustainability topics and/or the aluminium value chain and/or global supply chain topics (materials procurement, risk management and/or due diligence)
- Interest and ability to understand the detail behind ASI’s standards, assurance and guidance, their application, and seek/give answers to complex technical questions
- Experience of working in partnership with stakeholders, ideally in an international context
- Strong attention to detail in your work
- Strong IT skills, including with MS PowerPoint, and comfortable working with online collaboration tools, including web-based conferencing, platforms and databases
- Ability to work collaboratively with remote management and a small decentralised team
- Willingness and enthusiasm to contribute to ASI-wide activities, where appropriate
- A relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
How to apply
Email to email@example.com with “ASI Learning Manager” in the subject line by November 22, 2019 with one PDF file containing:
- cover letter (no more than 2 pages) and
- resume (no more than 2 pages, no photos)
which address how your education and experience align with the position.
Please indicate your starting date availability and where you learned about the position.
Preliminary interviews will be conducted through web-based conferencing. Short-listed candidates will also be asked to provide the names and contact details of two professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.