MDF Training & Consultancy BV (MDF) is a global training & consultancy company with 35 years of experience in empowering people worldwide to create social impact (www.mdf.nl).
We strengthen (network) organisations and individuals from public, private and non-state sector to get better in achieving meaningful societal change. This also involves the delivery of training, advisory and facilitation services in the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) of projects, programmes and policies.
To strengthen our Evaluation team of consultants/trainers, we have a vacancy for an experienced medior team member.
The preferred candidate will have a sound track record in international consultancy/ advisory work, particularly in larger programme evaluations and has proven training skills.
He/she will bring along a strong international network in an (I)NGO or a Multi-Bilateral context, and is able to work independently as well as in a team. Sound experience with the EC and UN organisations would be an important advantage.
- Acquire and carry out larger programme evaluations;
- Contribute to further development of MDF’s products and services in (monitoring), evaluation and learning;
- Act as team leader or team member in M&E related assignments (e.g. Baseline studies, Mid Term Reviews and Final Evaluations)
- Serve as a trainer in the design and execution of MDF open-entry and tailor-made M&E courses, increasingly with distant-learning components;
What we would like to see
- At least a master’s degree in social sciences, economics, international relations, gender studies or a relevant social science related area
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience of periodically conducting evaluations of strategies, policies and/or development programmes and projects and sound understanding of current trends in monitoring and evaluation;
- Proven experience of designing and leading evaluations, ideally on migration, private sector development and / or gender-responsive and human rights-based evaluations utilising participatory approaches and methodologies.
- Proven track record in the design and successful implementation of larger (i.e. budget > € 40,000) international cooperation programme evaluations for INGOs, bilateral and / or multilateral clients;
- Knowledge and experience on migration sector, private sector, international financing and / or gender
- Sound knowledge of and experience with established evaluation methodologies at outcome and impact level. Prior experience with Contribution Analysis and quasi-experimental design and working with control groups would be a strong advantage;
- Excellent proposal and report-writing skills in English and French working knowledge.
- Empathic communicator with the ability to establish and maintain good client and team relations and able to handle conflicting interests.
Why would you apply?
You will be part of an international working environment, of a team that offers a large degree of freedom but keeps up high standards and initiative. You have the opportunity to keep developing yourself and you will receive an internal training trajectory. We will welcome you in our modern office in Ede (with flexible working hours), centrally based in the Netherlands and close to a small forest. It is located close to the highway and intercity train station. Depending on your qualifications and experience, we offer you a fair remuneration, in line with our terms and conditions.
Duration: initially for 1 year with the possibility of extension into a permanent contract.
The preferred candidate is interested in many different aspects of the trainer/consultant work in an international environment and brings along strong language skills and, preferably, sound (applied) research knowledge.
Interested and fitting one of the profiles? Please respond to Ms Marjan Zandee before January 13th, 2020, and send along a recent CV including 2-3 references.
Please note that only candidates who sufficiently fit the above profile will be contacted. An assessment and reference check will be part of the recruitment process.