ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Testing, counseling, linkage
- Conducts rapid HIV testing in accordance with AHF testing model and other STI testing;
- Conducts HIV pre- and post-test counseling in accordance with AHF quality guidelines, both onsite and offsite;
- Links clients to care in accordance with the AHF linkage model and Dutch legislation/guidelines;
- Acts as active case manager during linkage process;
- Ensures high quality services for clients;
- Ensures that data collection is done according to AHF standards;
- Enters data collected during the pre- and post-test counseling and testing activities into the database;
- Regularly provide reports on data collected.
Events and activities
- Actively initiate and/or participate in the design and implementation of projects, events and other activities;
- Lead and co-ordinate community outreach events and activities;
- Provides health education and individual risk reduction counseling sessions;
- Promotes healthy sexual behaviors and praises risk reduction plans adopted by clients;
- Participate in AHF Europe and Amsterdam Checkpoint events;
- Actively follows opportunities to increase the reach of nl, both onsite and offsite;
- Manage, train and co-ordinate volunteers;
- Expand volunteer network, building their skills and capacity;
- Promotes volunteer retention, builds relations and creates volunteer appreciation activities;
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelor degree in the fields of public health, social work, counselling or related disciplines preferred with a minimum of one-year outreach/HIV prevention activities or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer/software skills & abilities
Should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
English and Dutch. Ability to read and interpret guidelines such as safety rules, universal precautions, operating and maintenance instructions, and program manuals. Ability to document extensive reports accurately. Ability to speak effectively in a group setting.
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications:
- Knowledge of STIs and HIV/AIDS and its impact on minority health issues;
- Sensitivity to the issues surrounding HIV and AIDS;
- Affinity with the LGBT community in The Netherlands;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Skill in communicating openly on sexual topics without prejudice;
- Ability to develop rapport and positive relationships with at-risk/hard-to-reach groups;
- Must be available for shifts patterns over weekdays, evenings and weekends;
- Must be able to maintain utmost client confidentiality.
- Preferably living in Amsterdam
- Full Dutch/EU driving license (cat. B) is required.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment.
- A competitive salary
- A contract for one year with a renewal option (subject to satisfactory, performance)
- Compensation work-home transportation costs
- Enrollment in our pension plan
- Compensation of Health Insurance premium
Information and Application
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Milo de Moraes, Testing & Operations Manager, The Netherlands.
If you believe that you fit the profile, please send CV and motivation as one combined document to: email@example.com
Deadline for submission is: 31st of March 2019
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated