Detailed job description:
I Terms of Reference:
Place within the Organisation:
- Directly report to the Executive Director
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
II Overall Job Objective:
To independently carry out a defined set of tasks and activities, related to AFEW International and AFEW Network external and internal communication, marketing and PR.
III Responsibilities and Tasks:
Related to External Communication:
- To draft articles, press releases, fact sheets and info materials (in close consultation with project managers in AFEW Network).
- To produce articles (news, stories, reportages etc.) for AFEW International’s website and websites of AFEW Network’s partners.
- To edit texts in English and Russian for the website and monthly newsletter; to come up with the new ideas for the content.
- To organise and supervise work of translators and designers.
- To produce monthly newsletter.
- To manage AFEW International’s website (e.g. update news and projects pages, add widgets) and social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Telegram).
- To ensure AFEW Network’s visibility in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
- To foster and maintain communication, exchange of information with AFEW Network’s partners to ensure AFEW Network’s visibility.
- To organise and supervise communication around external events like World AIDS Day activities, International AIDS Conference, Dutch HIV, STI and Sex conference etc.
- To develop and maintain general PR tools:
- To supervise and manage activities related to contacts database maintenance;
- To develop and maintain an effective periodic mailing list system for external stakeholders and Network staff.
- To develop general AFEW International communication materials:
- Annual report and financial statement (in cooperation with financial manager and Executive director).
- Posters, cards, business-cards, flyers, brochures etc.
- Hand-outs for conferences.
- External and internal newsletters.
- PowerPoint presentations.
Related to Internal Communication:
- To foster and maintain communication between AFEW International and AFEW Network members in the regions.
- To improve news / info flow in / between the AFEW International employees and the AFEW Network
- Edit and produce texts in English and in Russian.
- To organise and supervise work of AFEW Network communications officers.
- Make the quarterly internal newsletter.
- To send out birthday and other occasion messages.
IV Contacts/Key Relationships:
- National and international NGOs.
- Existing and potential donors.
- Partner organisations and AFEW Network
- Individuals interested in AFEW Network.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proficient written and spoken English and Russian.
- Knowledge of and ability to work in WordPress, knowledge of basic HTML is an advantage.
- University or Higher Vocational Training.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in journalism or PR/marketing/communication.
- Work experience in similar positions, preferably related to media, advertising or public relations; knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues is an advantage.
- Very good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet; knowledge of Photoshop and any design software is an advantage.
Personal Skills / Additional Information:
- Strong communication, networking, presentation and organisational skills.
- Accurate, reliable and flexible.
- The ability to work independently, act pro-actively and decisively.
- Highly professional.
VI How to apply:
To apply to this position please send your CV and motivation letter to Anke van Dam anke_van_dam@AFEW.nl by 26 April 2019.