Solidaridad is a global civil society organization that provides solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all. Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight regional expertise centres located around the world (Asia, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, South America, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. In Solidaridad Europe, the Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) team is building knowledge to deliver effective, efficient and relevant programming and to enable continuous improvement in the organization.
The KML strategy is based on three pillars:
- generating evidence by making sure quantitative and qualitative project data is collected in projects;
- bringing together internal and external intelligence and produce knowledge products that support colleagues in their programming and show our track record and thought leadership to external stakeholders;
- strengthening functional excellence in the organization and teams by facilitating training, learning trajectories and information sharing (the Solidaridad Europe Academy).
The internship is based on a learning or research plan developed together with the intern and in close cooperation with the University. During the internship, the intern works on his/her learning or research objectives, while at the same time contributing to the objectives of the KML team.
By working on his/her learning or research plan, the Intern KML will:
- identify relevant knowledge outside Solidaridad and will help to make it accessible for colleagues in the organization;
- develop project overviews, project fact sheets and thematic papers to get more insight in Solidaridad’s running projects and systemize the results and lessons learnt of past projects.
The Intern KML will work in close collaboration with KML team members, colleagues of other teams in Solidaridad Europe and program staff in other regional expertise centres in the Solidaridad Network. The Intern formally reports to the Head of KML.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- With support of Solidaridad colleagues, map key knowledge institutes and researchers that do research in the area of sustainability;
- Collect intelligence from selected knowledge institutes for prioritized themes;
- Support the preparation of information meetings for colleagues;
- Support the preparation of intelligence papers to inform the Solidaridad Network about new research findings as input for new projects;
- Prepare overviews with short descriptions of all current and past projects of Solidaridad;
- Prepare project fact sheets, presenting the results of ended projects;
- Support the preparation of thematic papers;
- Support the preparation of external communication on project results and knowledge products of Solidaridad.
You are inspired by the job and responsibilities as described above, and you recognize yourself in the following:
- Following a Masters degree in development studies, international relation, biology, earth sciences, agronomy or another relevant education.
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad
- Skills in processing information and summarizing it in short papers
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Service-oriented, proactive and team player
- Pragmatic, flexible and autonomous
- Ability to connect and work with people from all backgrounds and cultures
- Professional fluency in English
- Preferably experience in developing beautiful presentations or graphic materials
- Support in development of your learning or research plan;
- Onboarding, support and coaching to enable you to learn;
- A unique and challenging internship within an inspiring and international setting;
- A 4-month contract, an internship compensation and compensation of travel costs;
- A working space in our inspiring office in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Do you recognize yourself in the candidate profile? Then please send your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1 June 2019, and state “Application: Intern KML” in the subject header. If you already have ideas about what you would like to learn or research during your internship at Solidaridad Europe, please indicate this in your motivation letter. Also indicate clearly in which period you would like to do the internship.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com or by phone to Arjen Mulder or Karen Werkman (+31 (0)30 272 03 13). No agencies please.
For more information about Solidaridad please refer to http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org