Would you like to support feminist action for sustainable development in an international non-profit organisation? Do you have knowledge of financial management? Are you looking for an interesting voluntary position that doesn’t take a lot of time? Please consider joining our Board of Trustees and our international movement Women Engage for a Common Future (WECF) – working with feminists around the world.
We are a nonprofit network with over 150 partner organisations in 50 countries, and we are dedicated to a gender-just and healthy planet for all. We believe that a sustainable future and environment need holistic solutions reflecting the lives of people on the ground. We believe in feminist solutions based on our partners’ visions and needs. That is why we work on transformative gender equality and women’s human rights in connection with climate justice, sustainable energy & chemicals, less toxic waste, safe water & sanitation for all.
About our governance
We have a dual governance system. The formal supervision of the directors and their teams is done by our Board of Trustees (BoT). Its role is to approve our annual plans, budgets and reports, to take strategic decisions, and to give solicited and unsolicited advice. Our network partners also have their say in the governance through our International Advisory Board (IAB). The BoT is an international and diverse team consisting of 4 to 7 members. All our BoT members are volunteers. The BoT meets about 3-4 times a year, mostly virtually, and if possible one time per year physically in Utrecht.
We are currently looking for a Treasurer for our Board of Trustees. The Treasurer provides financial expertise and oversight to help the Board of Trustees (of which the Treasurer is a member) to carry out its financial responsibilities. Since we are a foundation based in the Netherlands, we are looking for a Treasurer based in the Netherlands and/or with knowledge of Dutch financial standards and requirements.
Are you enthusiastic about our mission, and able to:
- Lead on the board’s duty to control that proper accounting records are kept and financial resources are controlled in line with governance, legal and donor requirements
- Advise on preparing annual budgets and annual accounts, and oversee and advise on project budgeting
- Be a sparring partner of the controller and the directors
- Contribute to the organisations’ financial risk management and give insight to other board members on financial health
- Liaise with the external auditors, together with the directors and controller
- Meet 3-4 times a year with the BoT (partly virtually), and in addition 1-2 times with the team of directors and controller?
If your answer is yes, please send your CV and short motivation before December 9th to Kirsten Meijer, director WECF Netherlands, Kirsten.email@example.com. In case you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact her as well. We would like to select the new treasurer before the next meeting of the BoT, which will take place at the beginning of 2021. More information: www.wecf.org