CHOICE for Youth and Sexuality (CHOICE) is a professional youth-led organization that advocates for the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of young people globally. CHOICE’s vision is that all young people have the power to make decisions about their sexual, reproductive & love lives!
We firmly believe that young people should be able to make informed and personal decisions regarding their sexual and reproductive health. Moreover, it is our core conviction that young people should participate meaningfully in decisions, policies and programs that affect their lives, in particular related to their SRHR. We strengthen the capacity of young people and youth-led organizations, enabling them to become leaders and change-makers in their communities.
JOB DESCRIPTION – ABOUT THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a combined role. For 26 hours a week, you work as our Office Manager. For 6 hours per week, you work as our Youth Advocates Coordinator. A description of both roles can be found below. This role is based at our Amsterdam office.
- Office manager (26 hrs/week)
The Office Manager is essential to make sure that CHOICE is a functioning organization. Behind the scenes, they make sure CHOICE runs smoothly, by taking care of day-to-day financial and administrative operations. They make sure related organizational processes and procedures are functional and stay up-to-date. Furthermore, the Office Manager makes sure that staff, board and Youth Advocates know their way around the online and offline systems of CHOICE and supports them so they can do their work effectively. The Office Manager is responsible for financial support, administrative and facility management, and secretarial tasks.
The following are the main responsibilities of the position:
- Manage the financial administration of CHOICE, process incoming invoices and draw up outgoing invoices.
- Support the financial coordinator with the monthly financial reports and bookkeeping
- Support the financial coordinator, CHOICE’s Executive Director and Treasurer in preparing the yearly audits.
- Manage logistics and administration of work travels for CHOICE staff, board and Youth Advocates (volunteers) if/when travel is possible.
- Handle facility management of the organization by managing the supplies and equipment and ordering supplies and equipment when needed.
- Manage the Microsoft online systems, including our SharePoint system.
- Ensure that our organizational policies are compliant to the General Data Protection Regulation and implement the GDPR policy.
- Youth advocates coordinator (6 hrs/week)
At CHOICE we believe in the meaningful participation of youth. Our dedicated Youth Advocates (volunteers) participate in all parts of our organization. Youth advocates are responsible for our external communication and our national advocacy through working groups. They manage their own team in terms of selection, evaluation, and personal development. The Youth Advocate group includes around 10 to 15 young people between 15 and 30 years old who are based in the Netherlands. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for providing Youth Advocates with support and coordination in order to enable Youth Advocates to meaningfully participate within the organization and grow their capacities.
The following are the main responsibilities of the position:
- Coordinate the group of Youth Advocates in a proactive manner through check-ins with the long-term and short-term working groups and advocates, and in a reactive manner serving as a sparring partner and being available for questions
- Keep track of the activities of the Youth Advocates by recording activities and keeping an eye on the Youth Advocate online platform (via SharePoint)
- Serve as a bridge between Youth Advocates and staff members
- Co-organize (online) learning trajectories for Youth Advocates
- Create and implement the Youth Advocate strategy to shape the role of the Youth Advocates with the organization.
- Coordinate the improvement of organizational policies and procedures to let the Youth Advocates participate in a meaningful way by facilitating organizational discussions, creating or contributing to organizational policies, and reporting on Youth Advocates’ meaningful participation.
Additionally, this position is expected to contribute to shared responsibilities with other CHOICE staff (e.g. in drafting CHOICE’s strategic plans and supporting improving organizational policies), and may participate in optional responsibilities as part of their learning and development.
PROFILE – WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Required competencies/skills (must have)
- Support CHOICE’s mission, vision, and values: advocate for change, feminism, human-rights based, inclusive, meaningful youth participation, sex positive and being an ally
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Passion for administrative work and helping to run an office smoothly
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Coaching skills
- Communication skills
- Passionate about working with youth volunteers
Knowledge and Experience
Required knowledge and experience (must have)
- HBO degree in a relevant field OR at least 1 years of relevant experience (including voluntary work, internships, and/or paid work)
- Experience with MS Office, such as Excel, and Outlook
- Experience or knowledge of working with volunteers, especially in volunteer management
Preferred knowledge and experience (nice to have)
- Knowledge of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)
- Knowledge of the international development sector
- Knowledge of Meaningful Youth Participation (MYP)
- Experience working with (young) people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with administrative processes and can think out of the box to improve current administrative systems.
- Experience with SharePoint
- Able to occasionally work outside of regular office hours
- Able to occasionally travel abroad for work
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- A fantastic team!
- Meaningful work and opportunities to learn and grow both professionally and personally
- A year contract, subject to renewal. This position will be 32 hours/week.
- A monthly gross salary between 2550 and 2694 EUR on a basis of a 36-hours workweek, depending on the candidate’s relevant previous experience.
- A training budget for professional development.
- Travel allowance based on train transport (2nd class) OR a work from home allowance, depending on the public health situation.
- A challenging work environment in an inspiring office on the Amsterdam Canals (10 min walking distance to the Central Station) when the public health situation allows.
- Work laptop.
The preferred starting date of this position is no later than January 10th, 2022.
We aim to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome applications from young people of all backgrounds – people of all genders, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs.
However, in line with CHOICE’s commitment to Meaningful Youth Participation, we especially encourage young candidates under the age of 27 to apply. Furthermore, we encourage applications from men and non-binary people, people of color, and candidates with a disability, as they remain underrepresented in the field.
Note: Only applicants in possession of a valid work permit for The Netherlands will be considered. CHOICE will not assist with any expenses associated with relocation to the Netherlands.
You can send your cover letter + CV by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with as subject ‘Office Manager & YA Coordinator’ by Sunday December 5th the latest. The first round of interviews will be held on Friday December 10th.
For more information you can visit our website www.choiceforyouth.org or contact Daphne Visser by email: email@example.com