- Location: Amsterdam (Hybrid/Remote)
- Application Deadline: 1st November 2021, 23:59 PM CET
- Expected number of days: 25-28 days
- Starting date: mid November 2021
- Deadline of the assignment: June 2022
- Expected travel: None
CHOICE for Youth and Sexuality (CHOICE) is a professional youth-led organization that advocates for the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of young people globally. We firmly believe that young people should be able to make informed and personal decisions regarding their sexual and reproductive health and participate meaningfully in decisions, policies and programs that affect their lives, in particular related to their SRHR. We strengthen the capacity of young people and youth-led organizations, enabling them to become leaders and change-makers in their communities.
CHOICE promotes and supports young people’s SRHR through our International Advocacy and Youth Leadership Programme. In our International Advocacy Programme, we influence policy and decision making at an international level, for example by lobbying at the United Nations in New York and Geneva. CHOICE also develops programmes to connect young people around the world so that they can enter into a dialogue about, among other things, human rights and SRHR. With our Youth Leadership Programme, CHOICE promotes and actively supports capacity building of young people and youth-led organizations in Africa and Asia on advocacy, SRHR, and organizational development.
As of November 2021, CHOICE is looking for a Diversity and Inclusion Consultant (approximately 8 hours a week, with room for flexibility or alternative suggestions as budget allows).
In 2020, following the global response to the Black Lives Matter movement and in line with CHOICE’s multi-annual strategy (MAS), the organization committed to ensuring that its strategies and programs meaningfully address intersectionality and contribute towards building an inclusive environment both internally and externally.
Therefore, we believe this is the right time for a D&I Consultant to support the CHOICE team in doing so. The D&I Consultant will support CHOICE’s journey to becoming a more inclusive and equitable organization, with an adequate policy and system in place to ensure the organization’s internal and external programs support diversity and prevent discrimination and harm. The D&I Consultant will report directly to the Executive Director and work closely with colleagues from the D&I Working Group (WG) – staff, board and youth advocates – at the (home-)office.
Objectives and Key Deliverables
As the D&I Consultant, you will:
- Define what Diversity & Inclusion means for CHOICE in collaboration with the D&I WG
- Perform an analysis of Diversity & Inclusion within the organization (and programs)
- Evaluate and edit the HR policy and the recruitment process according to a D&I lens
- Lead a collaborative D&I policy writing process with a working group comprised of staff, board members, and youth advocates
- Design an implementation plan for the policy, with potential adaptations along the way.
- Build the capacities of working group members to continue implementing the D&I policy
Profile and Requirements
The consultant must fit the following criteria:
- Aligned to CHOICE’s organizational values: advocate for change, feminism, human- rights based, inclusive, meaningful youth participation, sex positive and being an ally;
- Educational background or training in Human Resources, Gender Studies, International Development, Anthropology, Organizational Behavior/Psychology, or other relevant social sciences, with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience, preferably in the international development sector
- Strong intercultural communication and people skills
- Strong understanding of creating and writing organizational policies and the role of Diversity & Inclusion within an organization
- Experience working with organizations in transition
- Comfortable working in an informal and inclusive environment
- Fluency in English
If these criteria align closely with you, CHOICE invites you to submit a proposal which includes, but is not limited to: your motivation, a timeline, the methodologies that you will use and a budget corresponding to your proposal. Make sure to include your resume as well.
Please note that there is a budget ceiling of 6500 euros incl. VAT, with a deadline of November 1st, 2021. Proposals can be sent to email@example.com under the subject line: D&I Consultant.