Name of Host Institution
Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MoLSA)
Address of Host Institution
Opposite 1st Macroryan Market, Kabul, Afghanistan
Name and Email Address of Focal Point in Host Institution
Sameer Najib, firstname.lastname@example.org
Background Information About Host Institution
The Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MoLSA) is the leading government organization in the fields of labour and social affairs. Its mission is to support government efforts in reducing poverty and vulnerability through adaption of legal and policy framework for coordination and creation of equitable employment opportunities (decent work) for all and social protection services with particular focus on women, children and other vulnerable groups. MoLSA works under the social protection sector of the government of Afghanistan. MoLSA has the following three deputy ministries: Deputy Ministry for Labour Affairs, Deputy Ministry for Social Affairs and Deputy Ministry for Administration and Finance. It has more than seven thousand employees all over the country. MoLSA has a presence in all (34) provinces of Afghanistan and it is represented by the Directorate of Labour and Social Affairs.
Title of Position
Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)Advisor
Organizational Unit/ Department:
The TVET advisor will work under the advisory board and Directorate-General for Skills Development (DGSD) of Deputy Ministry of Labour.
Duration of Assignment
From: 1st June 2020 Till: 31 August 2020
Objectives of Assignment
The overall objective of this assignment is to contribute in further enhancing the service delivery of the directorate-general for skills development and support the newly formed board of advisors under the Deputy Ministry of Labour Affairs.
Output / Deliverables
- An assessment and evaluation report from Vocational Training Centers (VTC)management as well as curriculum and standard development directorates, with clear and actionable recommendations for further improving the delivery of their services
- Capacity building training in light of the assessment findings and recommendations to the respective directorates
- Deputy Ministry of Labour Affairs supported in TVET related tasks and activities. If we rephrase like this: Sufficient support provided, and contribution made to the tasks and activities related to TVET and carried out by DGSD
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- After a thorough assessment of DGSD, provide technical advice for further enhancing the services delivered by this directorate
- Review all regulations, policies, procedures of DGSD and provide recommendations for their further improvement
- Develop concepts, proposals for skill development and their possible funding by MOLSA international partners, in close coordination with those international partners and related Directorate General of MoLSA
- Assessment and review of sample of national occupational skill standards, curricula and written instruction materials of DG skills development
- Scrutiny and review of accreditation and certification modalities undertaken by TVET commission of MoLSA for non-formal and informal TVET
- Participate in meetings related to TVET and skill development of the Deputy Ministry of Labour Affairs.
- Relative understanding of Afghan culture and working ability in such a working environment
- Friendly attitude toward colleagues and coworkers, and ability to observe require protocols in working with senior government officials
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Highly competent in quality writing in English
- Competent in institutional assessment/research in TVET sector
- Knowledge from developing and conflict-stricken countries.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor and preferably a Master’s degree related to education and employment.
- Bachelor with five years’ experience in related areas and Master with three years’ experience in related areas.
Fluency in English language and local languages (Dari/Pashtu) is required.