We are looking for a trainer / consultant who can cover all or several of the following areas: leadership and management development, organizational strengthening, capacity building, project and programme management and business support.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the MDF Myanmar Branch Director, the trainer / consultant will be responsible for the following tasks and work areas:
Training and coaching:
- Develop and conduct training courses; with a preferred focus on, but not limited to business planning, organizational strategy, personal leadership and people management skills, project and programme management;
- Conduct workshops and coaching to growing businesses on business planning and strategy development;
- Ensure quality of training courses and materials, and coach junior trainers to ensure quality delivery of MDF training courses;
- Maintain quality of own training work (keep up to date knowledge, ask feedback), and work on the quality of products (update materials);
- Develop and improve new training courses or modules.
- Implement consulting assignments related to expertise areas of business planning for small and growing businesses as well as strategic planning and organizational development for non-profit organizations;
- Project and programme management for large projects;
- Ensure quality of advisory services and consultancy assignments, and coach junior consultants to ensure quality delivery of consultancies.
Business development & acquisition:
- Conduct market research notably on training and consulting needs for private and non-profit sector;
- Network, maintain and develop client relations;
- Identify and respond to new opportunities, and develop proposals to acquire training and consultancy assignments;
- Be part of business development activities, such as network meetings with potential clients and business partners and alumni, with and within the team;
- Generate business and strengthen MDFs reputation through general marketing, acquisition and representation activities for MDF Myanmar branch office, in cooperation with the Branch Director and other consultants.
Qualifications and competencies
- Relevant academic background – preferably a master’s degree
- At least 5 years’ relevant regional and/or international work experience
- Proven experience as a trainer, facilitator and/or consultant. Experience as a business coach is an added advantage.
- Capacity to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written). Knowledge of Burmese or one of the ethnic languages of Myanmar is an added advantage.
- Willing to travel for assignments, within Myanmar and the South Asia region
- Working experience in the South-East Asia region is a distinct advantage.
- An inspiring working environment in an international context
- A small, dynamic team in the Yangon (Myanmar) office and being part of the larger MDF group (over 140 colleagues in total)
- Type of contract to be discussed: one-year full time contract with possibility of extension.
- Remuneration in accordance with MDF terms and conditions for trainer / consultants
Please send your CV (max 4 pages) and motivation letter (max 1 page) in English via e-mail to email@example.com (ref. Recruitment Trainer / Consultant Myanmar) by 12 April 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview (skype or face-to-face). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Starting date is negotiable.