About our SRHR work
KIT Health aims to improve the health of people in low- and middle-income countries by cooperation on research, evaluation, advice and education. Our mission is to improve equity in health by empowering people and strengthening health systems. We work with partners to generate context-specific knowledge and to build capacity at the interface of policy and practice. Key thematic areas of work are education, sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), health systems strengthening and disease control and management.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated person who supports our vision that all people can make informed decisions and take action on their Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights. For this role, we are looking for a consultant who can join and strengthen our team working in francophone West Africa. Our ideal candidate is someone with experience in SRHR trainings and curriculum development and proficiency level of French. The main responsibilities of the consultant will be to organize and facilitate trainings and education activities on SRHR in French and support the coordination of the SRHR portfolio in francophone West Africa.
The appointment is for 6 months – ideally starting on the 1st of July 2021
- Master’s degree in international development, social sciences, gender studies or medical sciences.
- About 5 years’ experience in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights and public health, preferably West Africa
- Proficiency in spoken and written French level (C1-C2). Applicants without proficiency French level will not be considered.
- Excellent entrepreneurial, organization, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience in training development and facilitation and/or curriculum development is strongly desired
- Positive and result-oriented attitude, ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams, passion and commitment, open personality, team player and eager to learn and share learning.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel overseas for short (5-7 day) missions.
A six-month consultancy contract starting on the 1st of July. Possibility to become a KIT associate. The monthly salary for this consultancy depends upon professional experience and ranges between € 3,809-4,896 gross per month for a 40-hour working week.
General information about KIT and KIT Health can be found on: www.kit.nl and www.kit.nl/health. For general questions about the application process, contact Felix Nkwetta-Ajong (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lisa Juanola (email@example.com)
Written applications specifying abilities and interest for this position including a curriculum vitae with references should sent before the 23rd of June 2021 to Felix Nkwetta-Ajong (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Lisa Juanola in cc (email@example.com). Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.