- Grant applications under Public Private Partnerships (PPP’s)
- Further developing ETG’s Public Private Partnerships (PPP’s) portfolio with organizations including but not limited to the Dutch Enterprise Agency (RVO), the German Gesellschaft fur Zusammenarbeit (GiZ), and USDA.
- Strengthening ETG’s collaboration with Foundation organizations from the non-for profit sectors..
- Writing fund proposals and leading the application process in close collaboration with ETG’s commodity teams and ETG’s Beyond Beans Foundation.
- Working closely with Beyond Beans Management Staff to ensure compliance with donor requirements at all times, including routine monitoring and evaluation and progress reporting.
- Supporting ETG’s Finance team in designing and establishing a finance reporting structure to meet the requirements of external donors and grants.
- Supporting sustainable loan facilities with banks;
- Supporting the ETG Group on raising sustainable loan facilities with private equity and banks.
- Supporting the ETG Group with the design and implementation of a E&S reporting framework within our sustainability portfolio.
Education qualification and desired experience:
A masters degree in Business, International Development or related field with at least 5-10 years of experience in international fundraising in rural development with a focus on Sub-Sahara Africa.
- Excellent communication skills, in particularly in writing and presentations
- Comprehensive and fast writing of grant applications and donor reports
- Strong networking skills and know-how in the field of development banks, rural foundations, and governmental institutes with a focus on community and environmental agriculture programs in Sub-Sahara Africa
- Fluent in English, French is an advantage
- Strong time management skills
- Affinity with intercultural communication (Africa, Europe, Asia)
- You thrive in a fast-paced working environment and you are able to balance different priorities
- Self-starter and all-round mentality; willing to execute simple tasks as well as manage big portfolios
- A passionate and ambitious worker; accurate, efficient and problem-solving
- You need to be innovative and driven to continuously improve our projects and procedures
Travel: 20% travel
Compensation: Competitive (depending on the level of experience)
About the Company:
ETG was established in Kenya in 1967 with registered head office in Mauritius and regional treasury centres in Amsterdam, Singapore, Dubai, Johannesburg and Mauritius. ETG is a diversified agricultural and infrastructure conglomerate, owning and managing a vertically integrated supply chain across five continents. Since its establishment, ETG has won recognition as one of the fastest growing companies across the food space. Today, we are present in 29 African countries and 52 globally.
Our business is structured into six business vertical units:
- Fertilizer and Agri Inputs
- Cashew and Cocoa
- PSN (Pulses, Seeds and Nuts)
- Exchange Commodities (coffee, sugar, grains and oilseeds)
- Consumer brands (Vamara)
- Infrastructure, Warehousing and Logistics
About the Beyond Beans Foundation
ETG’s Beyond Beans Foundation is implementing the company’s sustainability programs in cocoa, cashew and coffee, that are developed with and for industrial offtakes. In close cooperation with our Sustainability Team in Africa, farmer groups and program partners we support farmers to improve their farming practices towards a living income, we help communities to tackle child labour, we strive to empower women, and we protect the natural environment with agroforestry and conservation efforts. Beyond Beans is a foundation based out of the Netherlands and has 4 subsidiaries in West Africa: Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria and Cameroon. With our international and driven team of 100+ project and field officers we build dedicated sustainable supply chains towards skilled farmers, resilient communities and a healthy environment.
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by May 7th.