What you do
As one of the 4 Business Developers in the programme unit, on your specific topic you will give leads on innovations and follow external trends to create and spread new insights internally. As a member of the collective of experts, you will steer organizational learning by sharing knowledge, stimulating learning from action research, best practices and use of process data. You will support COs (country offices) to manage the quality of project implementation and to ensure impact on the ground while hitting agreed revenue and margin targets. You will act as technical lead and review quality of new proposals. You will build and expand partnerships with relevant actors (companies, universities, donors, etc.) through professional profiling, showcasing Cordaid’s strategy, vision and level of knowledge and experience on inclusive finance. You will represent Cordaid at selected external events.
As business developer Financial Inclusion you will promote inclusive finance policies and support country and regional programs and projects to facilitate affordable access to basic financial services for the unbanked and underserved populations and SMEs, leveraging innovative and technology-led solutions to achieve the ultimate goals of near universal access to finance.
- Undertake and lead on aspects of financial inclusion and align them with institutional objectives and support business units’ access and financial inclusion initiatives;
- Advisory Services and Project Cycle Management. Provides advice and support in more complex inclusive finance projects and programmes, including project design, business case, theory of change etc.;
- Business development. Acts as technical lead and reviews quality of new inclusive finance proposals; ensures coherence in cross-cutting themes and analyses critical success factors;
- Learning & knowledge development. Give leads on innovation in inclusive finance, translates external trends into internal improvement actions for inclusive finance. Prepares, maintains and updates these expertises and steers organizational learning by sharing knowledge and best practices for inclusive finance;
- Profiling and Positioning. Build and expand partnerships with relevant actors in the field of inclusive finance (companies, universities, government donors, etc.) through professional profiling, showing Cordaid’s strategy, vision and level of knowledge and experience. Represents Cordaid at selected events on the CoE/CoP/prio/focus areas;
- Quality Assurance, Portfolio Management & capacity development. Manage, depending on the expertise, the quality of project implementation to ensure project teams around the globe create on the ground impact while hitting agreed revenue and margin targets. Deliver capacity development/training;
- Liaise with ICCO Group BV units, CIMBV and other platforms for possible blending opportunities and coordinate this with the Regional and Country Offices and other relevant departments;
- Be part of a global team, and see it as an inspiring challenge to work with different cultures, and time zones. You are not afraid to work with tight deadlines.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Development Economics, or any other discipline that is relevant to the operations of the Program Unit; strong knowledge of socio-economic development issues and policies of countries where Cordaid intent to build these programs;
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience in business development, financial system development, proposition development or fundraising in an international development cooperation context; relevant professional experience in inclusive finance;
- You have up to date knowledge of developments and trends in the inclusive finance sector;
- You are an out of the box thinker, able to analyse complex connexions and interrelations;
- You have experience in translating an idea into a proposition or project;
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude with strong networking skills, capable to extend current networks and develop new contacts in different branches and sectors;
- You have skills to mobilize colleagues worldwide and to create new partnerships with multiple stakeholders;
- You have strong skills for influencing and positioning, you are able to voice our vision on inclusive finance in a clear and appealing way to different stakeholders (such as private sector partners, government and donors);
- Excellent language skills in English. Ability to speak Dutch or French is a pre. Able to speak the language of the private sector partners;
- Ability to work independently and also within a team; demonstrated mature sense of judgment;
- Ability to work and cooperate with others from diverse backgrounds.
- You are required to be able to work in the Netherlands.
What we offer
- a responsible position in a professional organization;
- a varied role where initiative is encouraged;
- a global organization with a focus on social entrepreneurship;
- good working conditions;
- a gross monthly salary of € 3539 up to € 5115 based on a 36-hour week, depending on years of relevant experience;
- a position for 1 year with the possibility of extension, starting as soon as possible.
- The Business Developer is asked to visit regularly our Country and Regional Offices (depending on Covid19 measures).
Applications including a motivation letter and CV in English for the attention of Petra Keeris, Senior HR Advisor, including the contact details of references at the last two employers can be uploaded through our website:
For more information on the content of the advertised position you may contact Kees de Ruiter, Head of Programs, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, cell phone: 06 53314347.
Your application must be received 5th of March 2021 at the latest.
Cordaid is fully committed to a safe working environment and the highest integrity standards. To read more on our commitment to Integrity, click here: https://www.cordaid.org/en/who-we-are/integrity-and-code-of-conduct/ An integrity screening will be part of this application procedure.
An assessment and / or a presentation of a “case study” can be part of the selection procedure.
For more information about Cordaid, please visit our website: www.cordaid.org.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.