Effective operations and financial management:
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls to ensure effective and timely delivery and reporting on a large re-granting programme budget;
- Communicate operations, programme planning, and financial procedures to all team members and grantees where relevant, and support and co-ordinate as needed;
- Manage budgets and cashflow and operational presentations to stakeholders, ensuring the transparency of the programme to funders including to the Programme Steering Committee;
- Support the Directors and teams in development of quality funder proposals and smooth processes for funding applications and agreements;
- Act as a liaising to report progress of funders, including the preparation of funder narrative and financial reports, deliverables and annual performance review;
- Ensure delivery of grantee proposals, due diligence and compliance, contracts, reports and payments on a timely basis;
- Oversee docket preparation, governance procedures and liaison with internal partners.
Managing growth and change within the programme and internal ECF engagement:
- Timely and robust resource analysis, planning and implementation;
- Ensure procedures and ways of working remain fit for purpose;
- Liaise with ECF Operations, Finance and Strategic Partnerships teams.
- Optimise team effectiveness and efficiency;
- Line management of one or more junior staff.
Perform such tasks and responsibilities as may be required from time to time in order to ensure the smooth running of the International Energy Programme.
Experience and competencies
· Demonstrated interest in the mission and values of the European Climate Foundation;
· At least 5 years of professional experience in project/ operations management, working with global partners in challenging contexts;
· A high standard of financial literacy and experience of financial administration and of evaluating financial reports and budgets;
· An understanding of and interest in the philanthropy sector and experience in working with international NGOs;
· Superior written and verbal English skills (Essential);
· Excellent strategic thinking, organisational, negotiation and time management skills, with a proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be a creative problem-solver;
· Ability to work well in a team but also to work independently and be managed at a distance;
· Strong administrative and computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), experience with Apple Mac is an asset;
· Excellent attention to detail;
· Experience working in an international team environment;
· Enthusiastic personality and sense of humour;
· Impeccable ethics, working and operating confidentially.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international team who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A full time position with permanent contract.
The position is based in The Hague or Brussels. Any other ECF office can be considered.
Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for this location.
How to apply
Please upload your CV and a short cover letter, both in English at this link: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/europeanclimate/jobs/senior_associate_international_energy_programme_15399/en/
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.