- Participate in the ordering of SAR equipment
- Participate in defining, planning and monitoring SAR activities and programs on board.
- In collaboration with the SAR adviser and SAR team leader, write MSF protocols as well as coordinate human resources and materials needed in order to ensure the quality of SAR provided by MSF.
- Lead SAR activities on the water
- Conduct on board trainings
- Creation of trainings and SoPs for SAR activities
- Support the SAR team leader with HR drive for recruitment of SAR team
- Train SAR team on MSF validated SAR procedures
- Oversee the SAR setup on MSF ship.
- Assist the Logistician and Medical Team Leader first aid trainings onboard
- Coordinate, supervise, coach and support SAR team members.
- Work to improve the SAR components of the project and ensure compliance with MSF protocols and standards.
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the SAR Team Leader, the associated processes of induction, staff performance evaluation and team development of the SAR staff.
- Is responsible for the maintenance of SAR equipment under the management of SAR team leader onboard.
If you recognize yourself in this profile, we welcome you to apply directly via our website and upload a letter of motivation + Curriculum Vitae (in English) as one combined document.
The closing date for applications is 4 November 2021.
Selection process will be conducted on a rolling basis. Note that interviews may start before the closing date of the vacancy.
Please note that only candidates that fully meet the requirements of the position will be taken into consideration.