About Het Actiefonds
We are a radical progressive fund for activism. We strive for a just, inclusive and sustainable world in which people, the environment and animals are placed above economic interests. We do so by supporting grassroots social movements and action groups worldwide in their fight for a structural change and better society.
Position within the organization
Our work is divided into 5 geographical regional sections, which serve as advisory arms of the organization. Behind each regional section is a dedicated team of Regional Specialists that evaluates incoming applications. At the moment we are looking for Regional Specialist to join our Asia section with network/understanding/knowledge of movements in East Asia or/and South Asia (SAARC).
The Section meets once a month in the evening to discuss applications and you are expected to attend the meetings as well as actively prepare for them by reviewing the applications.
About the position
As a Regional Specialist you do not have to be an absolute expert on all fronts. It is important that you have certain specific regional or thematic knowledge of the socio-political relations in the region and that you also have insight into the dynamics of social movements.
Who are we looking for
- Affinity with the work of Het Actiefonds;
- Knowledge of socio-political relations in the region;
- A network of activists and critical grassroots movements in within the East Asian region or South Asian region;
- You are committed and are available for at least 8 out of 12 evenings per year.
We want to especially encourage people who have roots in the region to apply.
What can we offer
- Opportunity to be behind the decision making wheel of Het Actiefonds;
- Space and place to broaden, deepen and develop your knowledge and network of social movements in the region;
- Opportunity to connect to like-minded people with similar background/knowledge/expertise of social movements in the region;
- Travel allowance.
Each section meets once a month in Amsterdam. To ensure continuity within a section, you are expected to attend at least 8 of the 12 meetings per year and to remain active within the section for at least one year. Het Actiefonds has a mutual trial period of three months. During this period, it is checked whether there is a click between you and the other section members.
Does it sound interesting? Please reach out to Katja on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV or any questions that you might have before 30th June.