RNW Media is an international organization and centre of expertise that builds digital communities for social change. We use online media to engage young people (15-30 years old) on sensitive and often-taboo subjects – from love, sex and relationships to civic participation. Through our platforms, young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
We have two global programmes: Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and Citizen’s Voice (CV). SRHR, in Francophone Africa, named “Amour Afrique”, focuses on delivering information and media on love, sex and relationships to young people in areas where information on sexual and reproductive health and rights is censored or taboo. Citizen’s Voice focuses on civic participation and inclusive governance. On our platforms, young people can access and engage with pluralistic, reliable information and perspectives on sociocultural norms and values, youth needs and aspirations. Examples of RNW Media projects in Francophone Africa are HabariRDC and the Burundian bloggers collective.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Regional Fundraiser Francophone Africa
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
40 hours/week, based in Francophone Africa
Vacancy number: 19-060
As our Regional Fundraiser, you work in a fast–changing and international environment. You are responsible for developing strategic alliances in Francophone Africa with key partners and obtaining funding to (further) strengthen, develop and expand RNW Media’s Strategy.
Being hands-on, impact-driven, flexible and persuasive defines you.
Positioning in the organisation
The Regional Fundraiser is a position within our Business Development team. You will report to the Business Strategist, with whom you work closely next to the regional managers and country teams.
What will your responsibilities be?
As Regional Fundraiser you are, among other things, responsible for:
- Acquiring a specified annual financial target and meeting agreed upon KPI’s;
- Supporting the Business Strategist in developing a regional funding strategy as well as annual funding plans;
- Preparing concept notes and proposals, together with the Business Strategist and country teams, and ensuring timely and complete submissions according to tender guidelines and donor requirements;
- Identifying, developing and (co) execute (new) funding opportunities, projects and activities together with country teams and social franchise entities;
- Liaising and expanding networks with current & potential donors and stakeholders;
What are the job requirements?
Our desired new colleague has:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, including working with international teams & alliances and having an existing network in Francophone Africa;
- A proven track record in proposal writing, resource mobilization, programme design & development, and grants management;
- His/her base in Mali, Burundi, or DRC;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written;
- Experience with institutional donors, knowledge of the donor landscape;
- Fluency in English and French.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. You become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing a variety of countries, working both in Hilversum, the Netherlands, and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. The assignment is for 40 hours per week with a contract for one year, subject to renewal. Salary is based on experience and expertise.
How to apply?
You can express your interest in this position by completing the application form before Friday, February 28th. If we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed. It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
Acquisition is not appreciated.