Objective for this position:
Organisational and administrative support for the Syria Project.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Make sure media partners send in their financial reports on time, check reports and archive them;
- Keep track of expenditures and budget depletion, check if expenses are on the right budget line;
- Capable of managing and monitoring budgets;
- Take care of expense claims, invoices and payment orders;
- Take care of the part of the communication arising from acquisition and preparation of projects;
- Support the team with planning, organisation, reporting (financial and narrative) and implementation of the programme;
- Assist in the preparation and archiving of the contracts and Term of References of hired experts and media partners;
- Assist in the deployment of external providers (such as interpreters/ translators and trainers / experts) where necessary;
- Assist in the administration of the small grants part of the programme;
- Help with the organisation of travels, accommodations, visas and insurances of those involved in project activities;
- Assist in the planning and organisation of gatherings, meetings and visits in the context of projects, both in the Netherlands and abroad;
- Take minutes of the meetings and distributes them among the participants;
- Gather data for the evaluation and the financial project reports;
Signal bottlenecks in processes. Provide input for more efficient processes and methods
- At least one year experience in a supporting position, preferably in an international environment;
- Knowledge of project management and the relevant methodologies;
Good command of English. Knowledge of Arabic is a plus;
- Affinity with media, journalism and/or sustainable (media) development;
- Experience in collecting and organising of, at times, complex information;
- Experience in the logistical organisation of activities and meetings, preferably both in the Netherlands and abroad;
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently and under pressure;
- A hands-on mentality.
Free Press Unlimited offers a stimulating work environment in a professional international organisation. An appointment for one year, with the possibility of extension depending on performance, 8 % holiday allowance and a pension plan.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply no later than June 9th 2020 to Tamara Lunacek (HR Officer) via application form on our website. Please make sure to upload your English CV and cover letter (preferable in PDF format).
Please note, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date.
For questions about the position you can contact Anne Haaksman de Koster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer fair selection criteria based on equal opportunities.
Non-EU candidates need to have a valid work permit to be considered for this role.
An assessment and screening can be part of the selection process.