Who are we
Advance Consulting is a business development consultancy that operates in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Our North Star is to develop vibrant, green and inclusive Small and Medium Enterprises in the Agrifood and Renewable Energy Sectors.
Our work in Jordan and Burkina Faso
In Jordan, we support the development of a sustainable and competitive agriculture sector through an increasing number of programs and partnerships.We lead a 3-year pilot program aimed at improving the competitiveness of Jordanian horticulture exports, in particular for the small & medium-sized enterprises within the Jordanian horticultural sector. In cooperation with our partners, we test and demonstrate cost-effective innovations at vegetable farms in the Jordan Valley and the Highlands and provide training to farmers on selected Good Agricultural Practices.
In Burkina Faso, we lead a three year project to build a resilient processing sector in Burkina Faso for the fonio, ginger and hibiscus value chains. With our partners, we aim to provide sustainable business for Burkinabe companies and EU importers, improved revenue and climate resilience for 3,000 small-holder farmers and sustainable employment to 850 youth and women.
To support our team and our growing project portfolio in Jordan and Burkina Faso, we are recruiting a full time Project Manager. The Project Manager will be responsible for 2 or more of our agriculture programs and will be based in Ede, The Netherlands. He/she will travel 6 – 10 times per annum to Jordan and Burkina Faso to coach our teams on-the-ground for successful implementation.
Tasks and responsibilities of Project Manager may be adjusted to some extent depending on the background and technical expertise of the applicant, but will at least include:
· Leading the planning of project activities, tracking implementation and steering towards timely delivery, in close collaboration with the relevant team members in Jordan and Burkina Faso;
· Lead the development and implementation of technical support packages for farmers and other crucial value chain actors such as input suppliers and processors;
· Attending regular stakeholder meetings with project partners, local and international public and private partners and beneficiaries;
· Overseeing data collection, record keeping and reporting on project progress;
· Lead the development of project reports, publications and communication materials and channels, including overseeing accounts on project expenses;
· Project design and proposal development for new agricultural and agribusiness development projects.
As we strive to deliver excellence to our clients, we are on the lookout for outstanding candidates. You may be the perfect match if you share our passion for agribusiness, sustainable value chains and private sector development in emerging economies, and bring the following:
· A master’s degree in agricultural economics, agronomy, international agribusiness management, or a similar relevant discipline;
· At least 7 years of relevant work experience, including significant international work experience in management of (international) agriculture development programs with a diverse group of stakeholders;
· Deep understanding of and experience with agriculture, agribusiness, private sector development and sustainable value chain development;
· Exceptional stakeholder and program management skills, including interpersonal communication; organizational skills such as planning, monitoring and reporting (M&E), problem solving and relationship management skills;
· Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and French. Dutch and Arabic are a strong advantage;
· A sense of humor and a positive outlook on life and teamwork.
What we offer
At Advance Consulting you will become part of a dynamic and unique international team. We offer you a competitive salary and a variety of additional benefits, such as travel allowance, retirement benefits, travel insurance and an end-of-year bonus for high-performers. We also offer opportunities to learn and develop on the job, and we pride ourselves in offering a healthy work-life balance.
How to apply
Are you the top candidate that we are looking for? Please send your CV and motivation letter before 22 October 2021 to Irma Verhoosel: firstname.lastname@example.org.