For the Challenge Fund for Youth Employment, VSO is looking for a result-oriented and communicative project manager, for 32-36 hours per week
Do you want to work on a fair world for everyone? A world where everyone has equal opportunities, regardless of origin, gender, religion or orientation? VSO is an international development organisation with offices in 23 countries. Together with local partners, we identify local development issues and solutions. Thanks to the commitment and knowledge of local and international volunteers, our programmes create lasting change in places where it is most needed. Last year, we reached 4.5 million people with our “Volunteering for Development” approach, giving them access to good healthcare, quality education and an adequate income.
The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment
The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment aims to create employment opportunities for 200,000 young people, half of them women. This 5-year programme, initiated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is implemented by Palladium, Randstad and VSO. Within the fund, we support implementing partners in over 12 countries, both financially and with technical assistance. In the case of VSO, the technical assistance is provided through our unique volunteering for development model. There is a focus on three thematic areas: Decent Work, Gender and Social Inclusion and Youth Engagement, Empowerment & Resilience (YEER).
In this position you work with CFYE’s technical assistance (TA) team, managing VSO’s contribution to the TA programme and working closely alongside your counterparts in Palladium and Randstad. In addition, you will be co-responsible for managing the VSO-Randstad partnership.
Coordinate VSO’s technical assistance programme for the CFYE
- Ensure smooth daily management of the technical assistance portfolio, including operational support to scoping missions and selection committees in multiple CFYE countries.
- To manage undertaking of pre-scoping research to identify how VSO can best deploy VSO volunteers in CFYE target countries.
- To manage the partnership development process with local VSO country offices and local Knowledge and Implementing Partners.
- To work directly with VSO in-country coordinators and VSO local Knowledge and Implementing Partners, to jointly manage all operational requirements of providing technical assistance to CFYE selected social investment projects.
- To identify human resource needs as part of the technical assistance activities, and manage all operational aspects of deploying VSO volunteers and staff in multiple CFYE countries, in direct collaboration with the VSO Netherlands placement and recruitment team.
- To ensure smooth implementation of duty of care, security & safeguarding procedures.
Project management and donor compliance
- Ensure full compliance with project requirements in planning, reporting, budgeting and administration.
- Make quarterly and annual technical assistance plans and monitor implementation.
Randstad account management:
- Manage the existing relationship with Randstad as a long-term corporate partner to VSO
- Oversee the financial and project management. Make annual plans. Prepare steering group meetings and ensure that all internal stakeholders are informed and engaged.
- Work closely with the placement and recruitment coordinator assigned to the Randstad account as a direct colleague
- You look out for new opportunities to grow the partnership, in the fields of employee engagement, positioning with stakeholders, and new programme opportunities.
You will work within the enthusiastic team of VSO Netherlands (25 colleagues) in Utrecht. You are part of the programme team on the Challenge Fund for Youth Employment within VSO and the wider CFYE team including colleagues of Palladium and Randstad. You will report to VSO’s CFYE programme lead. You will oversee the work of colleagues in the countries of implementation, including VSO country offices and external TA partners.
- You are an organized, practical person and like to set-up an manage operational processes and ensure compliance.
- You bring a basic level of experience in the field of social investment/social business/youth employment, along with an eagerness to deepen and broaden your knowledge and experience rapidly in this role.
- You are ambitious and find it a challenge to realise the ambitious goals of the Challenge Fund for Youth Employment.
- You are a fast learner, result-oriented, hands-on professional, who always seeks to find practical and client focussed solutions.
- You are strong in building relationships. You easily enter into new contacts and you pay attention to careful follow-up in relationship management.
- You have excellent communication skills, are persuasive and easily create support for your ideas.
- You have a high degree of organisational sensitivity and can work well with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- You work easily under pressure and are able to manage tight deadlines. You are an experienced multi-tasker.
- Relevant prior education at HBO + / academic level.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of international development, with a focus on operational project management and social investment / social business / youth employment or related subjects.
- Strong affinity with VSO’s mission and vision.
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written) with high proficiency in French or Arabic is a major added value
- Willing to travel to CFYE programme countries in Africa and MENA region (if circumstances permit).
- Strong online facilitation skills and confident in delivering content through online (interactive) meeting tools.
- Excellent working conditions; Collective Labour Agreement for Social Work.
- Salary: depending on experience, scale 9, € 2,936 – € 4,252 based on 36 hours. Starting with a one-year contract, with the prospect of a multi-year employment.
- A monthly accrued individual budget (IKB); made up of 18% of the gross salary.
- A personal training budget.
Are you enthusiastic about this role and do you meet our profile, do not hesitate and apply immediately! Mail your motivation and CV in English no later than March 8, 2021, stating: ‘vacancy project manager’ to Anita van Dijk: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to know more about this position, please send an inquiries also to email@example.com to the attention of Lisette Westerhuis. The interviews will take place on 17 and 18 March (first round) and 25 March ( second round).
VSO is located in Het Nieuwe Kantoor (HNK), an inspiring and contemporary environment within walking distance of Utrecht CS.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.